Posts by DrewsCrows

my black royal icing kind of does the same thing. it's the only color that stays looking a little dewy even after a day or two of drying. i dont know what it is. but it DOES dry, it just still looks like it's sweating.
i use mmf but i have to believe it is not the easiest to work with. especially here in texas where it's humid. i've used fondx before, it's fantastic, but i just can't get over the price of fondant when i can make it so cheap. plus, my customers LOVE me for my mmf!wilton? heck no. satin ice? might as well be wilton.
I am taking on a corporate client and doing cookie favors/thank you baskets for them. I need to do their logo which just frankly needs to be printed, not piped. I have never done printing for cookies or cakes before. Can you please share the best option for this? (1) is there a company I can just order the edible images from without having to buy a printer? who and is it cost effective? (2) if i want to buy a printer, what is the one to buy? i am starting with no knowledge...
the cake was a success, but i can't figure out how to post photos. i clicked on add attachment and then uploaded but it wont show up. ?
agreed! Refrigerate that cake!!!
Hi! I am doing fondant ruffles on a wedding cake for Saturday. I have been putting the ruffles directly on the buttercream crumb coat, instead of my original plan which was to attach the ruffles to a base layer of fondant. I just started thinking today "why put on a layer of fondant when the ruffles will create a pretty solid layer of fondant already?"So i did all of the ruffles on the bottom tier tonight, and then rolled out a fondant circle to cover the top of the tier...
Hi! I am doing fondant ruffles on a wedding cake for Saturday. I have been putting the tons of ruffles on the buttercream crumb coat, instead of my original plan which was to attach the ruffles to a base layer of fondant. I just started thinking today "why put on a layer of fondant when the ruffles will create a pretty solid layer already?" i did all of the ruffles on the bottom tier tonight, and then rolled out a fondant circle to lay on the top of the cake. But now I'm...