Posts by GildaM

I have just received a bunch of Madagascar Beans. They are dried and brittle, how can I revive them to be more pliable?  I've read that some  ways is:   Spritz the dired bean with water and wrap in a paper towel and place in the microwave.    Place in 2 inches of vodka or rum.   What is the best way to revive these dried Madagascar beans.   Would appreciate any input.   Thanks,
Same here, i've been trying to upload a picture in over 1 week ...and still no luck!
YOU out did yourself with this cake. Its pathetic she did not see and appreciate ALL the detailed work you put into it. Keep making your beautiful cakes!!!
Some recipes ask for egg whites only...would anyone know what is the equivalent of a whole egg (white only), to a store bought carton of only egg whites? Say 6 egg whites = ?? (TBSP) to egg whites in cartons.Thanks!!
Some recipes ask for egg whites only...would anyone know what is the equivalent of a whole egg (white only), to a store bought carton of only egg whites? Say 6 egg whites = ?? (TBSP) to egg whites in cartons.Thanks!!
@ naemsmommyThat is such a brilliant idea, never thought about using gumpaste to make molds.thanks!
Has anyone used JEM Cutters, how do you get the fondant out of the Cutter, I have put cornstarch inside the cutter in hopes that the fondant would come out easily and that doesn't work. Maybe someone has an easier way of working these cutters? Thanks
Thanks you sweetflowers for that info, and NO it didn't get too wordy!! I appreciate any info given to me.
My fondant was made yesterday, am I able to add Tylose to it now, to make gumpaste, how much tylose do i add?
thank you both, I put it in a little longer in the microwave and it worked out just fine!!!