Posts by KuyaRomeo

We started a small bakery where we focus on "from scratch" using high quality ingredients (fresh ground imported nutmeg, etc . . .).We bake in a rented kitchen that belongs to an existing high end hand made chocolate store . . . which does not get a lot of traffic (most of their sales are corporate and shipped).I know that it will take some time for people to know we are here . . .but what can I do to help cut costs of product wastes. I feel like it is a catch 22.I want...
We opened our half bakery (I say half because we are sharing our location with an existing chocolate store) a few weeks ago.Because preliminary sales are a bit on the slow side, I am trying to figure out what to do in order to not take such a loss on my products that have a very short shelf life.Cupcakes: I have learned to only put two on a plate in the case, and only offer a few kinds . . . until people start catching on that there are baked goods now inside.Cookies are...
We finally opened up shop . . . we are renting a shared kitchen, but we rent full access all month . . . so we can bake any time. Last week we opened up and I was so excited to get baking on our first day. But disaster set in very fast. I wanted to cry.It's a gas oven !!!! I did not even think anything about the oven, until our cookies and cakes began coming out all wrong. That's when I realized . . this is a gas oven and I have never ever baked with one before. ...
Thanks for your replies . . After reading them, and more personal consideration, I have opted to email Ghiradelli and ask if I can use them as a descriptive element (i.e.: buttercream infused with Ghiradelli chocolate)Probably, simply because I asked, they will say no. You never win when you try to do things right . . that I have learned.I guess I can always describe it as infused with rich quality chocolate . . . Sigh.
Am I legally allowed to use the name of a brand of ingredients?For example:Can you call a cookies an "M&M cookie" ?What about in your description . . Can you say "Infused with Ghiradelli Chocolate" ?and that sort of thing?
Thanks for the idea . . I actually really liked it, and just as I was about to order a bunch, I remembered . . oh yeah . . This is Rum cake.It is infused with a Rum syrup and is a little wet The customer will have an awful time picking it up and using their hands . . Guess I will try the foil bake wrappers and let them sit in the pan until they fully cool, like the other poster had suggested . see if that helps out any.
A few of the "cakes" I make are wonderful, due to that nice dark edge of the cake area that bakes up against the cake pan. The sides and the bottom . .people RAVE about. I want so badly to make these cakes in cupcake versions . . without getting crazy in costs . . but I am wondering how can I get that nice pan edge, when using a cupcake liner?I thought, maybe I can make mini cakes instead of cupcakes, but then, I need to get all new mini cake boards, new boxes, etc . ....
We gave this some thought too. . . and it just doesn't work right as we are using the boxes with the clear windows . . so, we would have to stamp in odd places . . . making it look less professional.We even looked at the emboss kits, and that might work actually . . had we been using the solid boxes with no windows.
Thanks Silly . . . I am using Staples to do my printing. Here is why: I did some research on VistaPrints, and read a ton of horrifying reviews from customers. Additional hidden billing, problems, etc etc. Although there are some good reviews too. . the bad ones scared me.I went with Staples because they have the same exact printing online templates and process as Vista Prints . . but a little more expensive. However, Staples offers free shipping so it kinda pans out...
Looking for ideas on getting our name/logo on every box, without costing an arm and a leg. Looked into stickers . . . kinda expensive, although this looks like the route we will go for now.Any other ideas?Our cakes and cupcakes will be in a display case . . not pre-boxed. We were originally going to tie each box with ribbon, and add a card . . but since we are selling in an existing shoppe . . we don't feel right asking the counter girl to tie each box up as she packages...