Posts by KuyaRomeo

Just tried 5 of those numbers . . none are in service.I can laugh . . but can you recognize how hard this gets, to try to do the right thing?
I do appreciate everyone on this forum. My frustrations do not come from the sharing and community here. My frustration comes when I am trying do legally do what is right and the State and Federal gov't makes it so complicated to find out exactly WHAT is legal and right.I will keep trying (I called the local Farm & Ag again a moment ago . . got a voicemail again).IF I EVER do find some solid confirmed answers, I will share my infomationI have so many questions:
I know that you meant well . . and I DO appreciate the number listing you sent . . . however . . . I just tried calling several of them:888-463-6332pressed 4 to talk to someonepressed 8 to talk to federal state relationspressed 4 again to talk to federal state relationsgot message "I am sorry, you are disconnected"Called back 888-463-6332Pressed 4 to talk to someonePressed another number to talk about something OR food safetyGot a recording this number has been switched to...
Thank you for the response.I contacted my Health Department and they knew nothing about why I would not be able to ship across state lines or internally within my state.I called the AG office and still have not heard back.I have read countless articles on the web that may or may not have related to me and what I want to do, all with different conclusions.Yes, you are correct that there are many old posts on here about this. How right you are!! Although I can not...
We are a very new business struggling to survive. Mostly because (a) we are on a shoe string budget and (b) we bake from scratch using high quality fresh ingredients which drives up our prices.I really feel in my heart that people DO value good fresh products, yet every time I turn around, we get a kick in the stomach . . We are competing against bakeries that sell box mix, canned frosting, items that can run circles around us in pricing. I am beginning to believe I...
I live and have a Bakery in New York State.We want to ship but find it very confusing to figure out if we can Legally ship our baked goods, and if so, what are the restrictions.1. Business in New York State, can we ship to New York State residence?2. Can we ship to other states? Do we need some sort of permit from each and every state to ship to, in order to meet health code? I found a lot of confusing material on line. Specifically, we get asked many times if we can...
Lots of good ideas here. Thank you!!As for giving stuff away . . we do tons of that already. We do "surprise-bys" every week where we stop in local businesses and introduce ourselves as the new neighbor and drop off samples. This works great for special orders and that part of our business is solid.It's the retail part that flops.As for the member who advised me to use pre-frozen cookies (the kind you cut and bake) to save costs . . . Not On Your Life LOL!!! That goes...
I am in NY as well, and was informed that I can NOT get a deduction for donating goods, because I already get the deduction when buying ingredients to make the goods . . and you can't deduct the same thing twice . . The person informing me, may have misunderstood my question (I called the Tax Dept) So I will have to re-look into that.
Thank you for your input. I agree 100%, however there are things to weigh out . . If we eliminate displaying any of our products in case/shelf . . . we eliminate the opportunity to grow the retail part of the business. She just started selling fresh coffee in the store, and we are hoping to be visible as people start to adjust to the new coffee . . . and wanting a treat to go with it.Cupcakes freeze very well, but take 2 hours to thaw. One of my issues is this...
It's that time of the year again . . . We are going to be doing decorated gingerbread cookies on a stick this year, and putting them in our small retail. This is our first year, and the owner of the shoppe says it gets nuts in December . . but so far . . it's pretty slow as of November.We will be putting a clear plastic bag over the cookie, and tying it tight with holiday ribbon. Seeing that (1) the cookie already needs to sit out for a long time to allow the RI to...