Posts by KuyaRomeo

I have heard . . . from a reliable but not verifiable source that the older KA mixers were nice, strong, solid beasts that would run forever. Somewhere along the line, they stopped producing them in USA and began mass producing them cheaper in China. This is where the quality slipped.Again . . this is just from a casual conversation I had with someone and may not be true. Just a possible reason.On the other hand . I have had one of mine for a year now and it runs for...
First . . . I have to say . . I had a good chuckle at the thought of you sending your kids off to school with your website imprinted on their backs! Lordy Lordy lolWe too, when we started out were super hungry (desperate actually) for business. You can read some of our crying posts from a few months ago. I was willing to do all kinds of things to drum up business. Thank god my 2% partner and good friend had his feet on the ground.Every time I said I was going to do...
I would concur that KitchenAid is the only way to go here.You can pick up the Artisan or even Pro for around $250. That is more than better to get you going.If you watch QVC (shopping channel) or check out their website, they often have them on Easy Pay (where you can pay it off, interest free with 5 monthly payments). When we began, we bought two from QVC to get us started. Was the best thing we could have done.Yes, you can find used on Craigslist . . but no warranty....
I still (RESPECTFULLY) disagree.I do agree that she was wrong and should have asked. But I also feel that she was not truly trying to harm you. Therefore don't let things get out of control and create hard feelings here. It really seems like she did something where:1. By commenting on all your photos she thought she was helping you. By commenting, it would allow more people (her friends) to see your beautiful cakes and maybe bring you more business. Here, she thought...
Another great oven is Easy-Bake. You simply take your cake mix and put it in these teeny tiny little dishes and push them through the mini oven. When they come out on the other side, they are done!This is , of course , my attempt at humor. My sister had an Easy Bake oven when we were kids. I used it far more than she ever did! Who knew!
HelloAlthough I DO totally understand your desire. And it was a little unprofessional of her to post her business links on your photo comments . . there is nothing that was really ethically wrong here.This is FaceBook, after all. It's not your personal website. That would be very very different. But, it is FaceBook which was created and is used to share with the public. That's what it is there for.Do I think she used poor taste in posting her business links? Yes. ...
Hello and Congrats!!I agree that buying 'gently used' is the way to go. I know many start up bakeries that have done this with little regret. Not sure where you could even lease commercial kitchen equipment.Boxes: ordering printed boxes/bags is a big cost (and a wasted cost, in my opinion). This is a cost that will drive up the price of your items, when you are going to need to be price-competitive. If nothing else, I would rather put that extra $1.00 from printed...
I wish I could give points to this post . .it made my day
Shanienee, it really comes down to your personal preference. We mix the frosting. But we do that because we make it all from scratch . . the cakes, the frosting etc. We put a lot of effort into creating very unique flavor infused butter creams. If it was a can of pre made frosting, I would skip it . . but that's just my personal opinion.Baked round cake balls that you decorate on the outside will be more will be more dry (which some prefer) and less work (which lots...
Never intended this thread to be Scratch VS Box Mix. . . but since it has, I feel compelled to say a few things.1. If you have never had a scratch cake that tasted better than your doctored cake mix, then perhaps you have met some untalented bakers, or you simply have learned to enjoy the taste of box mixes. I do believe that we (Americans) have been programmed to like high sodium and processed foods. For example: My parents love to eat at Applebee's, Chili's, and TGIF. ...