Posts by KuyaRomeo

That is a great point/idea, we had not thought of. Right now, we don't have a specific location in mind . . we are just crunching the numbers and seeing what our cost estimates are and where we need to be in sales, to ensure that moving to a larger location is actually a "smart" idea . . .
Thank you!! I was reading some horror stories . . seeing some pizza parlors were claiming several thousand dollars per month in elec bills . . was wondering how much different we could be than a pizza shop, in that we run ovens all day, and freezers . . . as well as AC in summer . . etc. So, the postings here have been good news, so far Several hundred per month is to be expected. Several thousand a monty seemed outrageous.
Thank you!! This helps out a lot, in giving us a starting point.
We are outgrowing our current shared location quickly, and are beginning to start the process of looking at leasing our own space. We are looking for something that has a kitchen and sll walk in freezer already, so maybe a former small restaurant in a strip mall, etc. We are not planning on having a retail front, as most of our orders are wholesale, and online. Our, current shared rent includes all of our utilities. So we have never had to cost out electric as a...
Certainly you need to consider whether or not it taste better or if there is a significant quality difference. We are all about quality ingredients, so yes, this would impact my choice on what vanilla to use.But also an important component in selecting any/all ingredients:How much will it impact the cost of your products? Not at all?few pennies?a dollar?five dollars?And how do you go about passing that cost on to your customer?and lastly - you know your customers better...
It's really up to you . . . For me, it would depend on what you had to buy to get something free. Am I buying 10 cakes? Then maybe you want to give a free 'generic' style cake (yellow or chocolate with buttercream frosting) after ten purchases.If you buy 10 dozen cupcakes, then maybe you want to give away 6 free cupcakes or a dozen.Sometimes, people are just happy to get anything. We did a free cupcake promotion with every cake sold (back when we did cakes) and it was...
scp1127 sounds as if they have been doing this a while and have something in place that works. On the other hand, you sound as if you are just starting out. scp1127 is in a position where they are deciding if they want to work with the merchant. You, on the other hand are probably hoping and praying the merchant takes your product.Two very different scenarios.In your event, I would lean towards bringing some samples for the merchant and his/her staff. It's a nice thing...
We used to bring 6 regular size cupcakes (6 different flavors of our best). Mini cupcakes would work, but we felt you can't really get a good ratio of flavor, cake to frosting. We did many combined flavors like Bailey's Mocha. Really need a full size cupcake or slice of cake to appreciate the layers of flavor in our cakes (back when we did cakes and cupcakes lol)If your flavors are not complex, minis may work.If it were me, I would at least bring something. . but doubt...
Suddenly I want a whataburger! And we don't have any here!!
You take a very harsh stance. Although I agree it is your choice how and when you wish to advertise. People don't know or understand that. In general, customers simply assume that you want as much business as possible and they are only trying to help you because they like you or your product or both. Again . . fight when you need to, but also know when to be gracious.People also have a basic concept of FB. That is that it is a social site, and those businesses on...