Posts by KuyaRomeo

Hello everyone. I have not posted in a long time, as we are no longer in the cake business. We have grown into a small French patisserie... It actually kinda happened fast and naturally. We no longer make many cakes, so my postings are no longer relevant here. But, I have missed all of the great support from the community here. I now have a mor general question for our shoppe. We currently use square register to cash out customers on our iPad. This has been fine...
Thank you for the advice.     We fall under Department of Health, so I gave them a call.   Very nice people!!   They informed me that we do not violate any rules or food regulations so long as we sell it only in our store.  If we decide to sell the caramel in other stores, then we have to obtain a "Schedule"  by submitting the recipe and process to cornell, etc.   Very good information!  We do not currently wholesale any of our products, so I have never...
We make our own caramel . .  it is one of the items we have become well known for, and our customers constantly beg us to jar it and sell it.   We WANT to, but it seems complicated  . . . or is it?   I have read that you can't heat seal (the typical in house canning process for jams, etc) caramel because using this method, for certain products will in fact induce bacteria.  We also can't afford to have it "canned" at a professional canning plant...
Our customers keep request that we make available some of our products, uncooked . . . frozen, so that they can easily thaw and bake them at home.We have a nice box, and we want to lay the portioned out, unbaked cookies on a wax cardboard and then shrink wrap it . . and place it in the box.I can't seem to find any Food Grade Cardboard or Waxed Cardboard to do this. I have googled twenty ways to the moon, and still nothing.Anyone have any resources for this?
I will post back it will probably be in a few weeks.
This is great - Thank You!We will, most likely, order this and do a test of at least the red. Hopefully there is no additional flavor that impacts the cake. This is good!
We want to begin adding French Macarons to our gourmet lineup. We have gift boxes that we will be shipping the cookies, in, but where can we find the trays that go inside the gift box, that keep each cookie in it's own little slot (cooking laying down).I have found candy trays like this, by the million . . but the candy hole is much too small.I have tried googling cookie trays, cookie packaging, and all sorts of things. We find plenty of cookie boxes, but no insert trays...
Thank you for the good information. I had found India Tree, but, yes - I had also read from amazon reviews that it is no longer natural, and that propylene glycol is actually an ingredient in Anti Freeze? So, THAT won't be in our cakes.I did, however, ping lycored, about their TOMAT-O-RED to see if there is an avenue for purchase to small business. Wont hold my breath. Although making our own food coloring out of beets is possible, we are already looking for ways to...
Any recommendations on where to get natural food colorings? We love our red velvet cake, but it's time to take the red dye out of the picture. Many food colorings are not only made from awful things, but compromise the taste of the food too. I see a few different 'all natural' food colorings out there, that are made from plant extracts. Has anyone tried them? Any reviews or recommendations?1. How was the color intensity, comported to the normal dyes2. Was there any...
HUGE Congratulations to you!And we LOVE your signature slogan.