Posts by KuyaRomeo

MimiFix:  There is only one entrance.  It is very small (625 sqf) and has no back door, etc.  Previously there were two pizza shops in and has passed building/fire inspection.  We are not required to file a change of use permit for the city . .  as this was already a food establishment.     I know many places that do not have a second exit.   kpry:  As a last resort we were going to start calling professional glass companies to get estimates on coming out to...
Ok .  so although that is a gorgeous oven .  .  . it will have to wait lol.   Anyone else know if the double stack ovens come apart / separate into individual units so that I can fit them in our door?  I will call the equip store in the morning, but sure would like to ease my mind tonight so I can sleep a little.     I truly do believe that they come apart and I am worried over nothing - but we have a two year lease and a lot invested . . so I will not sleep...
I agree . . it looks EXPENSIVE lol.     Maybe a bit much for this time around . .    
We are moving to a new location, and with that getting all new equipment (For the most part).  I have a few questions regarding ovens:   1.  Does anyone have any advice on brands (We are most likely getting gas convection as the new place is gas ready and it will save us a huge cost of upgrading the electrical and outlets).   Vulcan Duke Blodgett Bakers Pride Southbend True Convection    2.  A Real silly question:  We are suddenly worried....
Thank you again Stitches!    For now the strips are exactly what we are looking for, specifically for being able to offer slices of cake that are still beautifully presented, and keeping the exposed sliced sides fresh.
Thank you Stitches!  This is perfect . . .  exactly what I am looking for.
I have googled and schmoogled from this way to China and I can't , for the life of me locate (or even find the exact name) those clear cellophane type wraps for individual slices of cake.   I see them in some upscale bakeries that sell slices of cake.  The cake has been pre-cut and each slice has some sort of food grade clear plastic wrap on both cut sides, protecting it from drying out (Lord only knows what chemicals are in those sliced cakes at Starbucks that are...
Ok, FINALLY we are moving to our very own location.   We have been sharing a location / kitchen with a candy shop for over a year.  This was a great way to get started, but now we are . . . on the move, spreading our wings.   When we moved into the current commercial kitchen, they had a simple gas stove that you would find in  your own home.  This passed inspection as a commercial kitchen.   Since then, we brought in a double convection wall oven from SEARS.  Another...
I know that real mousse is made with raw eggs.  I am trying to find some information on whether or not this is allowed to be sold by a commercial bakery?  Are there any FDA guidelines?  Certainly, when I go to a fine French restaurant, their mousse is made with raw eggs.   If anyone knows where I can find documentation, etc that would be great!