Posts by MajesticCupcakes

Thanks everyone!!!  I really appreciate the replies.  Its been a busy couple of weeks so I am slow in catching up with everything.     Jason, I read your article and 100% agree!     AZCouture, I agree with you also about the FB pages.  Most people are looking for ANYTHING cheap, not just cakes.  But I have to admit the pages have brought me some inquiries without me even posting to them, rather people I know post recommending me!     I am getting better at...
Thank you Jason!  I will start reading!
Hello!  Last time I asked a question here, GA was in the beginning stages of hoping for a Cottage Food Law.  Well, its happened and I am now a fully licensed home baker in a small town in GA.  I am not from this area, I'm a big bad northerner lol, and I am starting to see a bit of prejudice.  I have recently posted my prices on my FB page and while I have had inquiries, only 3 or 4 orders have actually been placed.  I have always had to fight against the wave of aunts,...
BTW, the curious george cake was a chocolate/vanilla marble with vanilla buttercream and all mmf and gumpaste decorations.
Very true and I have thought about my time even more since my husband pointed out between the gas back and forth to the restaurant, the cake boxes and boards ( I buy high quality boards and boxes), all the little extras I add, and the time I put into a cake, I don't even come close to making a profit. It was a real eyeopener when he told me based on the last cake I did, I basically made $2.37 per hr. It takes me between 10 and 15 to complete a cake like the Curious...
Thank you ladies! I will definitely look into the software! I appreciate all the advice I can get!
Thank you!!!! I was asking about the Curious George cake! A lot of my pricing issues stem from the fact that I live in a very small, tightknit town that I am not from.......everyone has a grandma or aunt that bakes! I'm getting there but it is taking some time!
If you click on the photos button on my post, you can see it there too. I do know the laws in GA regarding home bakers and I currently rent kitchen space from a friend who is also a restaurant owner.
I am only 7 months into my cake adventure and am constantly being told I am charging way to little for my cakes. How much would you charge for the cake below? I am only charging between $35 and $40 for a cake this size. Granted this one had a lot of little time consuming decorations but I tend to not really add that to the price. I am still trying to "get my name out" so I have kept my prices fairly...