Posts by TexasCakes77

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I did send her an email, politely explaining that my cakes are very dense and as a result can feel dry when compared to boxed mixes or store cakes. I told her I have never had a complaint before but in the future will advise customers the type of cakes I produce. There may be more like her out there that prefer the 'other cakes'. Something tells me I need to start determining a policy and procedure for unsatisfied and/or difficult...
Sometimes it is just so frustrating to have to think of all the little details that go into a cake, and have to explain why and how you do things. You know? It's like, these people do not do this for a living, I would love to see them try - and they are so quick to be so rude and critical. Maybe my skin is too thin. I had to explain that my cakes are dense - and decorating a light fluffy cake the way I decorate is sometimes not even possible. Maybe to some people it is...
Well, it wasn't literally a sponge cake, I was just saying... It was a normal cake recipe, one that I have used for a while. This complaint has me upset, should I find a new cake recipe, or was it just this one person? I am just not sure. How can you please everyone, is it even possible... sigh...
I have been making cakes for over 6 years so I have a little experience. Recently I had a customer complain that the cake was 'too dry' and her email was particularly condescending and snarky. I saved some of the cake scraps from that cake and I didn't find it dry at all, it was fudgy like a brownie, so I have no idea what she is talking about!! The only thing I can think of is it was very dense b/c I do not use boxed mixes and all of my cakes are from scratch - and there...