Posts by SweetPs

I was so excited to receive a call from Japan from a woman who was going to be in the states and wanted this for her husband's birthday while visiting. In case you are like me and didn't know what is was, it's a character from the Alien VS Predator movie.  
My first shoe/purse cake was made by eye balling it.  Mix half fondant, half sugar paste and use a real shoe for a reference.  I used a small bowl that I had in my cabinet and cut out the basic shape for the bottom.  Turned the bowl up side down and draped the bottom over the top of the bowl, down the side and where the toes sit, laid that part of the bottom on the work surface.  I rolled a log of fondant/paste and shaped it like a heel the height of the bowl and let...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vgcx5GZTnM If this link works, this woman has perfected the art of straight lines and crisp corners.  She not only takes the time to make her butter cream cakes perfect, but goes through the same technique when she covers with fondant.  I tried it once and nailed it.  Just remember, the secret is taking your time.  good luck, if it doesn't work, google, "straight butter cream cakes, sharp edges, laurapoopie" (laurapoopie is her name,...
How about a gift box adorned with a large bow and lots of "curly ribbon". Can be birthday girl's favorite colors and pattern for gift wrap can be flowers, butterflies, etc.
How about a gift box adorned with a large bow and lots of "curly ribbon". Can be birthday girl's favorite colors and pattern for gift wrap can be flowers, butterflies, etc.