Posts by escaliba1234

Thanks for that, Ellie1985.I found the site a great help.Lots of good ideas and photos.I now actually understand how the effect is obtained with the checkers; before, it seemed a bit like magic!
Thanks for that, Ellie1985.I found the site a great help.Lots of good ideas and photos.I now actually understand how the effect is obtained with the checkers; before, it seemed a bit like magic!
Many thanks for this idea.I always had my doubts about using a checkerboard pan set.Would welcome other people's experiences with checkerboard cakes.
Many thanks for this idea.I always had my doubts about using a checkerboard pan set.Would welcome other people's experiences with checkerboard cakes.
How did you go with your Horseshoe Cupcake Cake, ashtree250?I would very much like to know how it turned out and how you solved the various issues mentioned.
I really love your graduation cake and much appreciate your advice on the cap.Am making a graduation cake and looking for ideas.You did a wonderful job with this cake.
I have just made my first batches of mmf and they seem very successful (so far!).I want to use it in several days time and am unsure if I should store it at room temperature or in the 'frig.I live in Australia and our humidity is very, very high at present.Room temperature currently is varying from 13 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius.I think this is a range from 55 to 83 degrees Farenheight, in Australian conversion but I may be wrong.It can change this much across a...
Thank you so much for this.My husband is very interested in the science behind all this and asks would anything metal work (within reason, of course!)?He is thinking of some small metal picnic beakers(cups) we have.
I only did this once; never ever again.I had always wondered why all my cake books etc talked about making two or more 2 inch cakes and not one nice big, deep cake.I felt a fool when I realised why.I had overcooked edges and undercooked middle, which fell when I took it from the oven.I did learn a great deal from the experience, however.I am learning that there is a very good reason why things are done the way they are in cake baking!This forum is a wonderful help.
Would this really work with a 12 or 14 inch square cake?It sounds a great idea but I am a bit worried about the larger cake size.