Posts by adven68

Thank you guys and gals so much for spending a few minutes to help me out....its also so nice to see some familiar faces So, I think I will schedule some classes for September and use that time to hire and train a few part timers that will each do a specific thing .... I think if I come into a clean store with cakes already iced and filled, then I can handle the decorating. I literally have people coming in DAILY asking me for a job. I currently have 3 interns.... I...
Hi everyone....some of you may remember me from a while ago....I have harldy been on since I openend my shop becasue it has consumed my life.My problem is that I have a little gem of a store...I have the clientele, location, ...everything you might think one would need to succeed....the orders are coming in but I am so tired that I cant take it for much longer. If I hire someone....(not that it's easy to find someone qualified), the salary, taxes , payroll, insurance,...
Congrats!! I havent watched it yet, but I'm so happy for you!
I probably would have given the cake to her...it wasn't a complete stranger being a friend's friend.....but that's just me. I'm sure plenty of responses will say the opposite...
Lol...thank you.I hope they realized that they don't need all the gimmicks and that viewers really just want to see a legitimate competition. I guess I can only speak for myself, but I enjoyed the Challenges before they added all the ridiculous twists...My two faves are Amazing Wedding Cakes and Fabulous cakes (because they reveal the prices!!!)Buddy needs to treat the competitors with a little more respect IMOSo, if anyone here gets on the show....don't take any crap!
Lol...thank you.I hope they realized that they don't need all the gimmicks and that viewers really just want to see a legitimate competition. I guess I can only speak for myself, but I enjoyed the Challenges before they added all the ridiculous twists...My two faves are Amazing Wedding Cakes and Fabulous cakes (because they reveal the prices!!!)Buddy needs to treat the competitors with a little more respect IMOSo, if anyone here gets on the show....don't take any crap!
I also got a few emails asking me to apply. I politely declined after last season's shows. Definitely not getting into the back of anybody's delivery truck...They said that the skill level will be much higher this season, though...I can certainly see why it's so enticing...you'll get your five minutes, whether or not you win....please give my regards to the "sisters" whoever IS chosen...(wouldn't stand for being insulted by them either......btw)
Not necessarily true...I have a Blodgett commercial convection electric oven that does not require ventilation as per NY State building code,I will agree that it bakes beautifully...I also use a lower temp than recommended in most recipes...If it's 325...i keep it at 314...but each oven is slightly different.The only thing I don't like about it is when I bake cupcakes, I need to rotate them beacasue they brown faster on one side....I also have to bake them on "low" or else...
NYC building's code does not require electric ovens to be vented. i have a Blodgett in my shop and no vent...who told you that it needed to be vented?
Thanks everyone!! The enrollment is going well... i think I will take each class as an individual case. I'm charging enough where I will be ahead even if only one person comes, so I will give them the option. Plus I have so many cousins and my sister who will make great fillers! LOLthanks to all....[quote="visionsofprisms"]The woman at wilton went up one side of me and down the other telling me that if I promote wilton, use wilton materials, or say that I am a wilton...