Posts by emma_123

That was me (sorry been busy today and missed so much on here!) - it really freaked me out when I found out he'd gone through all my threads and didn't half make me cringe to think of the things I'd written!  Thankfully nothing too bad but I had posted once or twice about cakes I wasn't sure about and asking for opinions on things I'd done because I wasn't happy with them.  As soon as I'd got off the phone to him I came and deleted my photos off here and made a new...
Hmm you see I thought if you were exchanging any kind of money, it's classed as selling - whether you make profit from it or not doesn't matter if money has changed hands then it's been sold, not sure if that's right or not though!  Getting inspected wasn't any hassle and they just wanted to see the kitchen really, I don't think they even come back here just send you a form to fill out a few years after the inspection.     Kind of on the same subject who do those with a...
Hmmm I've been failing miserably to keep up with this thread!     I'd love an airbrush but am not sure which one to get - does anybody have a dinkydoodle one (now not sure that's the right name!) as I've heard their good and love the pink one!  If not, what would you recommend (bit nervous about using one so one that is easy to use would be great!)   I have the PME tins that are 4 inches high and straight sided and I love them, would really recommend them.     The...
Thanks guys, I am trying to put it behind me (and learn from it - what annoys me is I did consider taking a plastic bag to cover the box this morning but when I left the house it wasn't even raining!) and my customer has replied to the message I sent her when I got home saying I was sorry and hoping it was ok when it dried, it was only when I closed the box I noticed when I was looking to check there wasn't any drops on the wings when I noticed it was on the body of the...
I've not been on here in ages and didn't realise how busy this thread was now!  Just going to go and catch up with what's been going on!    Had a terrible morning, not been sleeping this week and felt pretty washed out all week so struggled with the two cakes I've done but managed to get them finished (and today have to start on the next one so sadly no break either!) and then delivered the cake this morning only for the wind to catch the corner of the cake box and some...
Thank you, Saturday was such a low point and I feel better now, it was such a hard week and I really could have done without the extra stress.  The only reason I even gave them the lid was that it was raining on Friday and I thought whoever won it could cover it on their way home.     I like your thinking Crazy-Gray about the customers being stupid, I will have to remember that in the future!     Thanks again x
Thanks for all your replies and you are so right costumeczar - a nap would have been much better for me!  I won't be donating a cake again, be it a voucher or cupcakes it'll be something else for sure.  My mum reminded me that the cake I donated to the Summer Fete raffle got shoved in a back room somewhere and forgotten about so nobody even saw it, so their track record isn't great either!  I wish I'd remembered that earlier!   I emailed a lady on the PTA to see if she...
Good morning, firstly just wanted to say thank you to everybody who helped me a few months ago when I was asking about using ganache, I now use it as standard and much prefer covering a cake when its on there, so much easier!     I came here today as I'm so close to giving this business up, I've had a terrible week and really not sure I can continue working all hours - ok so I overbooked myself this week which is my fault but sometimes even on quiet weeks it feels like...
Thank you both, I guess I'll have to do that.  Just so upset that it was damaged and then that it sat there being a very poor display of my work.  Just added photos of the cake and it makes me feel sad to think somebody was so careless with something that took several hours to make.  The bears had been made around a week before and were set and secure, they'd all survived the car journey so should have been fine so I know they must have been very rough indeed with it.  Oh...
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I run a cake business from home in the UK and today donated a fruit cake to the raffle for my daughter's primary school Christmas Bazaar but when I got there somebody told me one of the polar bears's ears had fallen off. Only when I saw the cake it was much worse - depsite me telling them the lid won't go on the cake somebody had obviously jammed it on it as one polar bear was missing its head, its scarf was...