Posts by bakingnewbie

I made a sponge cake two days ago, put buttercream on and then fondant. The cake has already dried out!I have never had this problem before........is there any way I can rescue it and make it moist again?????
Thank you so much for your replies.That is what we had both already thought......the details would disappear!I have seen on the net where someone used something similar, but filled their's with chocolate!!!! I am a chocoholic, but i think even that would be way too much for me!
HiI am asking this question on behalf of my brother, (because being new to baking myself I do not know the answer) He has bought a silicone castle cake mold for his daughter's birthday. Once he has baked the cake (and hopefully it will show all the details once cooked), he has asked how he decorates it with ganache?He is unsure if by just pouring the ganache over the cake, that it will not show the details (e.g. brick work etc), once the ganache has set. Any suggestions...
Hello all,please forgive me if this question has already been asked elsewhere........I was wondering how soon could I bake my son's birthday cake (without freezing it) his birthday is the 29th of this month?Thanks in advance x
Well done I like the different colours you have used x
Well done I like the different colours you have used x
Thank you, I will use this information in the future.Unfortunatley, as I did not recieve any earlier replies from viewers, I had to take a gamble and go with my insticts (the cake was completed last night). I do appreciate other members taking the time to view my post, thank you.
hi, i'm making my first "real" cake for my parents wedding anniversay on tuesday. I have attempted to make cakes over the last few weeks, which thankfully after receiving lots of great advice from here, are starting to turn out a little better!lolI'm unsure whether i should use sponge cake tins and maybe do 3 layers, or use an 8" tin(3" deep) and do 2 of those?? I have made an 8" lemon cake the other day, but I would prefer the cake I'm making for them to be a little...
sorry for not replying sooner, my son has not been very well.i made a lemon cake (receipe from my sister).....it turned out much better. if i used a little more ingredients than the receipe suggests, would the cakes rise slightly more?......sorry, if this is a really silly question
Hi SugarFiend, sorry I made you snort your coffee! (or were you referring to JamAndButtercream making you giggle)? Hope you are having a good day.x