Posts by howboutbake

Just wanted to add that by reading your first post Moniquea, it sounds as though you are still struggling with your ADD somewhat. No judgements here! I'm a behaviour interventionist, so I am just making an observation based on what I am familiar with    I am sure you know all of this but there are there are a ton of great resources out there on dealing with adult ADD, and I am sure there are a bunch related to running a business with ADD! You can even do double duty by...
Did a quick search for ya and found http://www.amazon.com/**********-Decoration-***angle-Silicone-17x4x0-5cm/dp/B00J3VWOKG It is hex so not a perfect match for the netting...maybe you could get that pourable silicone and make a mold?
  This is true! It certainly doesn't apply to the rest of us though   
Personally, I would not pay 4.25 for a cupcake out of a machine.       It's a brilliant idea though...if I had invented it I would head to Colorado as fast as I could, and plunk them down in front of all the fancy new 'dispensaries' they have 
Here is my inquiry:   Hello,    I am inquiring about licensing for Hello Kitty.  I am a home baker and would like to know if it's possible to obtain a license to sell Hello Kitty cookies and cakes.  If this is possible, what is the process that would need to be undertaken?    Thank You,    Heather MacDonald     Here is their response:   Hi Heather,   Thank you for your interest in Sanrio!  In order to use our trademarked property on product for resale, you...
 It's funny I saw a hello kitty cake on there.. A couple of years ago I actually emailed sanrio, inquiring about licences etc.  and they basically said "no way, no how"  I'll see if I can dig up exactly what they said
 ooh just looked it up! Can't wait to try it!! Thanks!
OneHotMess,    Don't take this the wrong way but...   I think I love you.      You remind me of the Yarn Harlot...   you could be the Cake Who...     Cake Sl...   Cake Fallen Woman?     Also, my white whale is any egg-free buttercream.  Mine always tastes like gritty sugary buttery awfulness. 
Great ideas!!  I'll save my burlap for the shrubs in winter.  I always get a kick out of the 'country chic' thing.  I think it's really cute and all...but I can't help but think what an actual 1940's country housewife would think of it! Sure there was burlap around.... it tended to encase animal feed....and mason jars were used to put up food, so the family wouldn't starve come January, and the wildflowers would have stayed in the pasture, because who had the time to pick...
I have asthma and an egg allergy and I don't let it stop me! I am just a hobby baker, though. Basically, you can take precautions. It's true that if you work in a bread bakery where people are slinging flour all day, it could absolutely affect your asthma, but you can also wear a mask. If you decide you want to work in a chocolaterie there would be fewer concerns:) Only you can decide if baking as a career right for you. Take into consideration things like the...