Posts by Leannesincy

Hi everyone!I have a few questions I'm new to making cakes and have been looking for cake that stays fresh for a while, which I found. I read one of lindy smiths cake books that said a Madeira cake (Pound Cake) can be made a week in advance as it actually tastes better not fresh from the oven.So I found a cake which gives me a little bit more time to decorate without the cake spoiling.Now what about filling's?I'd like to use a IMBC as from what I gather the fondant will...
Thank you so so much. I've been frantically checking the forum every two seconds to see if anybody had replied, I was really worried.You've put my mind at ease so thank you!!!Hopefully when I get the feedback it will be smiles all round X
HiYou could try using rice krispie treats. I use them to mould. I then cover them in a very thin layer of fondant just to smooth out the bumps then I cover it in modelling fondant (gumpaste) so it has a nice smooth finish!Hope this helps
Hi guys.Well I made an ice hockey cake for a 21st birthday last week. The cake was chocolate mud cake with a White chocolate ganache filling. Covered in White choc ganache then fondant. The cake was to be eaten on Saturday. I baked on the Tuesday, Ganached on the Wednesday and covered in fondant Wednesday. I've been eagerly waiting some feedback as it was my first bash at a chocolate cake and I had not heard anything, so I called my friend who had gotten me the order from...
Thanks cakestyles. The first cake I made when I used the spacers I did think the fondant was too thick but I thought who am I to argue when that is what lindy smith had recommended lol!I will roll it thinner next time see if that helps.I must say I'm learning with each cake and improving each time so hopefully soon I will see good results with the fondant.ThanksLeanne x
Thanks Tina! I have been watching you tube and the great tutorials they have on there, I live in a small village in Scotland so it's difficult to find a cake course close by and the tutorials have been a god send.Will check the one you mentioned tonight.I think the problem is definitely my BC.The cake has turned out great will post pic's later on. I've managed to hide the few tears so I'm really pleased.Thanks again for the advice x
Thanks for the great advice! GenGen has Inboxed me a BC recipe and I will have a look for a ganache one. I will be experimenting for the next few weeks.Love this website, it has been the biggest help to me since I started baking
Thanks for the advice So far!I'm using regal-ice fondant. My buttercream doesn't seem to crust could that also be the problem? I bought fondant spacers from lindy smiths website which roll the fondant to a 1/4 of an inch. The BC recipe I'm using is just unsalted butter with confectioners sugar added until I've got the right consistency, oh and a drop of vanilla essence.Could anybody recommend a good BC recipe that will crust really well?Before I posted last night I had...
Hi everyone!I am a beginner cake maker, just made my fourth cake and I am so frustrated!!No matter what I do the fondant seems to crack or does not have a smooth finish.I stopped using confectioners sugar and just used shortening toStop it from sticking, I bought a silicone mat to help and stillIt is a disaster!When I lay the fondant over the cake and begin smoothing it seems to thin out and the butter cream starts seeping through. I want my cakes to be totally smooth and...