Posts by natenel

Hi I have recently started to sell cupcakes and despite using cupcake boxes with inserts I have customers who came back to tell me their cupcakes flipped 180 degrees in transit. I really do not know what happened. I have on occasions used piping gel to gel/secure cupcakes on cake boards when I didn't have inserts but it would be a hassle doing that each time there are takeaway cupcakes orders. Can anyone share their experiences and tips on preventing cupcakes from...
Lol Melanie, yes, that is what i plan to do if she do request modifications (in the last hour) which cannot be done in 5 mins.
  You're right Jason, that's when I started to smell trouble. I do have a problem saying "no" and it being a cake order for a birthday, I didn't want to let my customer down so I compromised on pricing and now I feel the pinch ..lol. ..and yes.. i am definitely going to let her know that no changes can be made. Thank you so much for your view Jason. =)
I might not have put across it well enough but it started out as a discussion from a "normal" sized birthday cake (with fondant and icing sheet prints for part of its intricate logo) to a "small" cake because its just for her and her boyfriend.   Despite the much reduced size it will still require the same level/type of decorating skills/techniques. In fact IMHO the smaller a cake (with intricate designs) it will probably require a more skilful hand!   Everything...
Hi I would like to know if you entertain request for a picture of the finished cake to be sent before delivery? Personally I would understand if the cake was big and is for a very important occasion and may be presented before guests. I've not come across such a request before and this particular request is made by a very fussy budget 1st time customer with 101 questions. And because she is on a budget I made exceptions for her. My concern is that she might have a preview...