Posts by CupcakeMoma

Yes I'm in college, going for business managment (So I can learn how to run a business) I will ask my professor if I can bring in some baked goods for the class, thats a great idea!Thanks!
Oh what great advice! Thank you.So I should still apply at the bakery/decorating jobs even if they say "experience is a must" or "Only experienced"?I feel like that would be lying a little bit...?I'm going to be doing the classes at Michaels, I hope next month. I'm in college, work full-time and a moma to 3 small kids. Not sure if I should put more on my plate until this submester is over with!I will continue doing cakes for free to get more pictures for my portfolio and...
I would like to start my own business one of these days.I have only been doing cakes 6mo, but have been interested my whole life!I understand I need more experience, but not sure how to get it.Thought of working in a bakery, but they require..you guessed it "experience". How do you get experience if no one will hire you as a intern or something?So my question for all the business owners is, how did you get started? What are somethingÂ’s you have done in your career that you...
Pushing down the cake while hot, does it make it not as fluffy?Just wondering.
No, I haven't made a wedding cake yet, and dont plan to until a year or so when I have lots of cakes under my belt. This post was about a bridal shower cake, they picked it up today and LOVED it! Thanks
UGH! People just want everything for nothing! I ended up doing the cake with the fondant (the pic is on my profile) and she gave me a tip (Not much but better than nothing). Listen learned, if someone doesnt want to pay for it I'm not doing it! I will just have to learn to said no thank you.Thanks for all the great advice!
I'm not professional and haven't claimed to be one. (skateboard cake was my very 1st cake). I have done more cakes then posted, the website kept timing out when I was trying to post them. Its a learing process and I'm willing to learn. I feel as though I was ready to do a cake like I have described, and was very excited about it. But I think your right, I might be getting over my head. I will cross my fingers for this one and just do birthday cakes for a year or so after...
You are completely right, I feel like I'm paying her to make her a cake!I will add up the cost that pretains to her cake (not inculding the pans etc.) and go to her with the bill if more than $100.Thanks for the advice!Oh and this will NEVER happen again! Sometimes it stinks being a nice person
I'm just starting out doing cakes with hopes it will turn into my own business.I have my first job, making a bridal cake for 50-60 people!!!I have imaged a huge beautiful cake, two tiers, fondant, the bottom tier looking like a pillow and the top looking like lace with a big monogram on top!When I told my customer my idea, she LOVED it! I told her I will charge her $250., she freaked out! She said she couldnÂ’t afford it! I explained to her that just supplies will cost me...
Thanks Crisseyann!!!that helps so much!