Posts by CupcakeMoma

Thanks again Jason for the great advice! :)
Hello fellow bakers/decorators!   Good news if your in California they finally passed the Food Cottage Law and I'm planning on going for it!   I do have a question for those of you that might have more knewlege in this field.   I'm currently renting a house in which I would like to start the cake business in and I just wanted to know, do I need to imform the owners that I'm starting a home business? Does it affect their taxes or anything else in any way? What...
Hi Jason, Thank you for the information. I dont think there would be enough interest in my area to market it, I think it would only be a 1 time deal. I think I will pass since there are very few recipe's I can find online with not many reviews which makes me nervous. Thank you!
Hello All, I'm new to the cake business and trying to get any orders I can to build up my business.   I have a question, I have recently got a request for a Ube cake which is a Filipino type of cake (I've never heard of it until this request, and looked it up online). I usually make white, chocolate, carrot, etc type cakes, so I don’t really know much about this type of cake. I can follow a recipe and make it but what’s your policy when it comes to specialized...
I would charge $462.00 for that cake, I charge $3.00 per serving.
I say I'm a "Custom Cake Decorator/Owner"
My first complaint was also my first wedding cake, I did it for a friend and I was also a guest. It was a 3 tier wedding cake 12"10"8" decorated in white fondant and I painted twigs and made sunflowers out of gumpaste/fondant. The cake was very pretty. I drove 30 miles with this huge cake, and delivered it perfect 2 hour before the wedding was suppose to start. When I arrived they didn’t have the cake table yet so had me put the cake on the kitchen table, then left....
Those are my most popular sizes as well. I just dont have enough storage for 50-100 of each size, although I still would like to have a nice look to them when delivering. Buying boxes and boards at Michaels is getting too pricey. Thanks for the advice!
Hello All, I'm just getting into selling cakes and looking into getting cake boxes and cake boards. I do cakes any where from 6"-16" round cakes, 9"x13"-12"x18" sheet cakes, 6"-16" sqaure cakes, and cupcakes by the dozen.   For the cakes I'm doing, I dont really want to buy cake boxes & boards for each size so what is your suggestions for cake box & board sizes to start with to have in stock?   I'm going to buy them wholesale so they come in cases of...
Hello All! I'm making my first wedding cake this month, and they want a 3 tier wedding cake. 10", 8", 6". They want white cake, vanilla filling and fondant. Since this will be a stacked cake, I'm wondering what kind of filling I can use that won’t make the fondant bulge out on the sides (I've had that happen before with butter cream). Maybe I was just using the wrong butter cream, but would love if you can recommend one that has worked well with you. My ideal...