Posts by tdovewings

Cat, what a lovely cake and a story to match the beauty.   As for me, I'm 2/3's of the way there. This week everyone wanted 3D figurines. Never done them before, one turned out decent (Caillou for a 3-year old) and the other I don't like at all (Leia for a Star Wars themed cake).     So I finished the Caillou cake and the Star Wars cake. One left to go, my first gender reveal cake. By the way, the doctor didin't call me until 5:30pm today, the party is at 2:00pm...
designer stencils sells a chevron stencil. You can stencil buttercream on buttercream. Or you can use an impression mat like the cake I did here.   
Cazza, how did I miss that Happy Birthday!   DeliciousDesserts, absolutely, positively stunning! Five hours, Whoa! My eyes would be crossed forever.   OT, what a gorgeous cake.   I don't understand the mustache thing either, but I love your cakes sixinarow.   The flat tops are new for me since I got my Agbay. I use it on everything, I love, love, love Agbay! So easy and I don't even need to chill my cakes before torting. It saves me a lot of time, strike...
Cat, very nice! I can't wait to see the others.   Cazza, that is really pretty and the base you used for the photo is just perfect.   It is a light week for me. Two sheet cakes, one a SpongeBob themed and the other for a swimming party.  I started not to take the Spongebob order because the customer wanted an exact replica of a Decopac/grocery store cake.  She said her daughter wanted a normal looking grocery store cake, and I really wasn't enthusiastic about...
I use both. For white cakes I use cake flour. For chocolate and fruit based cakes (carrot, strawberry, banana, etc) I use unbleached AP flour. 
Is it a lot? When I get color on fondant, I take a paintbrush dipped in vinegar and paint it off. 
I always have nightmares about doing that, which end in me running down stairs and digging through the trash at 4am, when I went to bed at 2am.  I count the liners in the trash then go back to sleep. It is my biggest cake fear and i'm constantly anxious about it.   Thanks for the tip.   GOOD SAVE!
As a person who use to work in printer manufacturing, I would say no.  Every single printer that came down our manufacturing line was tested with ink to ensure they are working and the print quality was within specifications. Granted this was ~15 years ago, so manufacturing processes could have very well changed by now. 
my best advice is get in the kitchen and try some stuff out. I doubt if someone had a recipe like this they would give it to you. What I would do is buy a few books. You might have to buy separate ones for each category you are trying to sub. For example start with a recipe, unchanged that is gluten-free, bake as is the first time around to see if you like. Then take away dairy and refined sugar and see where it gets you. You may want to get some gluten-free books, some...
I love my agbay. I got it a few months ago.  I work with a lot of soft cakes and I've had no problems. In fact many of the cakes have been eggless. I always torte/level cold cakes. Not sure if that makes a difference.