Posts by lschmitz05

I am venturing into making cookies with fondant on top... I have read a lot about making sugar cookies and then cutting out the fondant and placing it on top right when the cookies come out of the oven. SO I tried this... and the sugar cookies recipe was horrible... so any recipes that are really good? So I am not sure if it was just the cookie that made them not taste good with the fondant or if I need to do something else... Am I missing something? Thank you!
I make my own MMF and everyone loves it! I save all my little left overs for a friend because she loves it so much and eats it like candy I agree that it really depends on the person, but in my experience homemade fondant is much better than store bought.
Found it! Thank you everyone
No it was not an upside down cake - it looked like the tiers starting at the bottom went 8in - 6in- 8in- 6in and so on.
Earlier this week there was the most beautiful cake on the top saved for the day and I saved it to make it my wedding cake and now I cannot find it It was between 5 and 7 tiers I believe. The bottom tier was larger then a small probably 8 or 6in tier then a larger tier on top of that and so on. The larger tiers were covered in white sugar and silver beads and ivory perls. The smaller tiers were covered in butter cream and had a some texture to them. There were also...
I have had the best luck with freezing my cakes for a day or as long as I need before using them. They are so much more moist than when I use a cake fresh!
Cut the potato in half and then carve out the shape you want. You can always print off a picture from google to use as your outline that you want to cut out of the potato. You just have to make sure you only cut out the outline and leave the inside.
Possibly make the bottom out of RKT and then the tower part out of wire. Good luck!
I am new to baking and live in a very small area where a lot of older people do sheet cakes for cost of ingredients. I made 45 cupcakes for a lady who mind you never asked for a price before she picked them up and she was not happy when I told her the price. They were only $45 since I charge 3 times the price of the ingredients. She is the first person to make a stink when I told her the price... but was I wrong to stick to my price since it was her fault for not asking...
I am new to baking and live in a very small area where a lot of older people do sheet cakes for cost of ingredients. I made 45 cupcakes for a lady who mind you never asked for a price before she picked them up and she was not happy when I told her the price. They were only $45 since I charge 3 times the price of the ingredients. She is the first person to make a stink when I told her the price... but was I wrong to stick to my price since it was her fault for not asking...