Posts by luvcupcakes22

at this point you're right, nothing to lose! lol i will let u know if it works out thanks!
Hey guys, hope u can lend me a hand, i am fairly new here but I know that if someone could give me some ideas/solutions it would be you.... So I made a few batches of x-mas M&M cookie dough yesterday, planning ahead for the holidays and all... but I just baked 3 test cookies and they came out flat! I def forgot the baking soda on the recipe. So now I am not sure if I should start over or if I can somehow knead the baking soda with a little flour into the dough. It would be...
Thanks for the input TexasSugar! I agree with you in that point. Normally my cakes are simple in the way they are decorated, but the price reflects that. Due to that, when I get asked for special decorations with fondant and gum paste I am always hesitant as to how much to add. In the end, I factored the ingredients and the extra time for making him the costum decorations. And since he is doing a big order of cupcakes as well, I offered a 10% discount so the price does not...
Thanks for the tips! I actually have done figure modeling before, but I have never checked how much time it takes to make a person. I do more "cartoonish" people, so I guess they are not so detailed. But I think 6 will still be very labor intensive as you say. I will definitely calculate the cost of the materials and add an hourly wage. Would you say it is safe to calculate 1 hour per person?
Oh I forgot to add, he wants 45 cupcakes each one will have a letter forming a b-day message. So that would be 45 letters in total that I also have to add and charge him for.
Hi guys, I am totally new at posting here but I really love this site, you have so much info and friendly people! Now I really need some help... I was asked for a cake with several figures on it and I am having trouble figuring out how much to charge...Basically it is a 50 year birthday cake for a mom and her son wants to do some steps symbolizing decades: each decade containing a small item referring to it. So we will do some baby things for the first decade, a notebook...