Posts by Cake-Addict

Thank you so much for your advice. The cake is in the freezer, and thankfully so! The luncheon was moved again! They're taking it Friday, party or not.
Ugh! I just finished a cake for a luncheon my husband is having at work. Then received notice that it has been moved from tomorrow (Monday) to Thursday. The cake is done. It's decorated and filled with buttercream. Can I freeze the whole thing and it still look ok when thawed? Do I have to cover it somehow if I freeze it? And how long can I freeze it for before it goes south? Thanks for your input! I know the wealth of experience around here will help me on this...
How far ahead can I make a frozen buttercream transfer? I have a cake coming up that I'll be doing one, but it's going to be very last minute notice on when they need the cake. I learned to do FBCT from a video. It said you can't do them more than 24 hours in advance. I want to get mine ready and have it in the freezer ready to go. It shouldn't be in there more than a week. Do you think that would be ok?
[quote="JoanneK"]I've seen this used to put two or three colors in the same bag for the striping effect. It works great for that also.[/quote] Fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be trying this soon.