Posts by doodles2

sorry I rambled on a bit lol.  I had thought the function was Saturday so the cake was going to be decorated Friday BUT,  the function is actually Sunday.   So Im a day ahead of myself.  I just don't know if I should leave the ganached cake in the fridge and extra day (Leave it in the fridge Friday, and decorate it Saturday), or if I should just go ahead and finish the cake tomorrow (Friday) and let it sit in a cool place til she picks it up early Sunday morning.  Which...
So I just realized I got the date wrong with a cake Im making... she wants it Sunday not Saturday like I thought.  I know its only one day so Im not tooooo worried !   Here is my question (in a roundabout way lol)  so I baked the cakes Tuesday, stuck them in the freezer til today (Thursday)  I ganached them (then I realized that she wants them Sun morning and not Sat morning) I was planning on decorating the cakes tomorrow (fondant) because she wants to pick the cakes up...
thanks!! those websites are great, and I didnt think of fruit in in- great idea Thanks again
hi there.... I have to make 2 cakes for some retiring ladies at work. I ALWAYS make choc mud cakes and vanilla cakes and am looking for something different. Something that will taste alright with fondant as they are going to be covered in it!!!!!any suggestions? Will carrot cakes "go" with fondant? Coffee cakes? Ive seen banana/choc cakes ... The cakes aren't going to be shaped just one square and one round so don't necessarily need to be that dense.help Thanks!
a lady at work asked me to make a cake for her granddaughters first birthday. Which is fine, Ive done a number one cake before,its not toooo hard. The problem is, she hasnt given me any direction at all and now Im doubting myself I showed her pictures of my number one cake that Id done before, plus others from the internet. She said oh whatever you want to do.... I also asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she said oh whatever.....so I made a chocolate mud cake...