Posts by DessertsByLauren

What distributer do you use? I wouldn't even know where to order it from.
I get bubbles in the rolling process sometimes too. I find if I kneed it too much, that's what causes bubbles. The less I work it, the better it works. Tomorrow I will be trying out Michelle Foster's fondant recipe. Hoping not to have any issues with it. I'd love to try Massa fondant, but it's way too expensive! Not only that, but they don't sell it by me. I need it by tomorrow.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm gonna go with the MMF and add a bit of tylose if I have to. My AC stays on high, set to 60º, but since it's cooling the living room, dining room and kitchen, it never gets "cold" in my opinion. Especially after baking since the oven makes it hotter. What I think i'll do is bake the cakes at my mom's since she lives across the hall from me so my oven doesn't have to go on and then do all the decorating here. Thanks again guys! ...
Hey everyone. So a few weeks ago I made a 3 tiered engagement cake and when I covered the cake in fondant the fondant pulled away and formed these ginormous bubbles and I had to peel it all off and start again. Fast forward a few weeks and I made my daughters first birthday cake. It was 104. I kept the air on, but refused to put the cake in the fridge in fear of the fondant doing that bubble thing again. So now this week I am working on a champagne bucket cake and the...
Ok, so i'm in the middle of baking my daughters first birthday cake and I planned to do a 2 tier cake, 4 layers each, filled with chocolate and vanilla pastry cream. Today it's about 98º and tomorrow it's only going to be hotter. I don't want the pastry cream to sour. The party is on Saturday. I know i'd have to keep them in fridge... which leads me to my 2nd question... If I cover the cakes with fondant while everything is at room temperature, and then put the cakes...
LOL I believe it! I almost did that a few years back! I was going to buy a 20" round pan to make a roulette cake but figured i'd measure the oven first... just in case. Turned out, it wouldn't have been deep enough. LOL So glad I thought to measure it first!
LOL Yes! I measured my oven before I bought the pan! It fits!
Thanks for the info about the pan size. I was on Wilton and I didn't even think to look at what it said for smaller pans, even slightly smaller. I just kept looking up 16x22. lol If the cake comes out thick enough, I can definitely tort it. But believe me, I never have wasted cake! I make cake balls and pop them in the freezer in vacuum sealed bags! They last a really long time and never get freezer burned in the food saver bags!
Hey everyone! I really need some help here! I'm planning to bake my daughters Mickey themed cake. It's going to be 2 tiers, 4 layers each and I decided to go out and get a larger sheet pan so I can cut my baking time in half. I got 2 16x22" pans so I only have to bake 4 cakes and then I have cake rings to cut the 8" and 10" cakes out. I plan to use Ina's chocolate cake recipe (which makes 2- 8" cakes) and a classic yellow cake (also makes 2- 8" cakes). I've baked the...