Posts by Wildgirl

Love all these ideas and reminders!
I just did an anniversary cake and the crisco bc was awful. I'm needing the upcoming wedding cake to go together as easily as possible - and I'm thinking I need to take the plunge and order some high-ratio. (I've checked around locally and can't seem to find a supplier )What I'd like to know is, can I use the zero trans fat high ratio with the same success as the regular high ratio? I was looking at some by Baker's Kitchen.... I see that the zero trans-fat is all palm...
Thanks for your insight - I'll consider that.As far as the chocolate, that is the brides only request for her cake. The groom's cake will be spice. And if the guest don't like either, they really don't need to eat cake.
Rae, that would make coming home sooooo much less stressful - but unfortunately I lack the freezer space for a fully done cake. Hmmmm.... I will be also making a groom's cake though that I might be able to do this with...Heartnsync, this sounds like it could work. I have a friend who would be checking the house anyway, so she could move the cakes before I get back. If I freeze the individual sponges before I fill, layer and crumb coat - and then freeze again, is that...
We suddenly have an awesome chance to take a quick disney vacation and stay for free at one of the resorts with friends. The only problem is that I would get home on a Friday and the next day I have to present a wedding cake. (I would be gone from Tues to Fri). (And I want to add that this cake is a gift for some older friends - not a paid client - not that that means I can slap something together, but it's not a cake that a bridezilla ordered - I can do what I want as...
I use a std coupler. Per Sharon Z I make it super thick though - so it's more difficult to squish out of the bag. More like clay or putty. So far I haven't had any leaks!
How about little bowls? That's what I used. And I used drinking glasses - I put a piece of aluminum foil over the top and fixed it so it bowed in slightly. Actually just about anything with a curve like you'd like - bowls, serving spoons - or small spoons if the flowers are little, egg cartons - or you can make your own with some modeling clay covered with plastic wrap.
I see this as just a technicality that you'll work through - because otherwise your cake is amazing!!
I love that second set you linked to - so realistic! I just don't get how you get the leaf cut to that same shape - do you have to just take a knife and cut around the veiner? Since BakingIrene mentioned ebay, I checked there (again) and this time saw a set of JEM cutters - they cut the leaf and put the veins on at the same time. I just wonder how easy they are to get the fondant out of the cutter. I may try those though.... I'd rather the flowers be in one piece...