Posts by Wildgirl

Just feed the cats for me while you're there! lol!
Since we will be out of town during the week, before we leave (like on Sunday and Monday) can I make up the frostings (two cream cheeses and a bc - probably Sharon Z's) and also a caramel filling? I could put them all in large ziplock bags in the fridge until Friday afternoon. As long as I bring them to room temp and put them in the mixer a bit before using, is it ok to do this? Won't compromise the texture/flavor?
Baking cakes at home is hard on kids. Kitchens are often off limits, mom's attention is severely limited - at least mine is. After I made my first wedding cake my 7 yo asked if I could please not make more cakes for a while. I'm glad it will all work out fine for you!
Thanks - it's good to know!
Kazita, you said you got some in Madison? Was it at Vanilla Bean? Or is there another cake supply I don't know about?? Not that I'm able to get there in the next week, but at least in the future I can get a more "local" supplier.
Wow! You help give me a perspective! I was beginning to feel like I've been putting too much effort into "free" cakes (two in two days - just finished the 2nd) - but mine are super simple compared to yours. It's' no wonder you're exhausted! And two year olds don't know - he did give you a great compliment too. At least it's "fixable" - even though you don't really want to deal with the cake anymore (and rightfully so!). A good friend told me that his mom did cakes...
Ok, that helps - I've spent so much time searching for it already, so I'll just continue looking for the regular. Is there any consensus - is CK better than TBK? Or no difference?
YMMV? You mentioned more temp sensitive - I've read that before but how bad? And unfortunately 50# is way more than I can use. I'm only a hobby baker.
I should also ask - does anyone know if there's a good supplier anywhere near Wisconsin - so shipping hopefully is quicker?
I'm not experienced enough to add much yet, but I LOVE my offset spatula. For the fondant accents I've done, I love my clear ruler and pizza cutter.