Posts by CLW

I like all those ideas! I love the tall cakes and also thought about throwing some gold in there for the glam effect. I only have 2 weeks so I have to get my design nailed down. Thanks for your input!!!
Wow! That sounds awesome. As you described it, I envisioned it also! The infinity symbol is a sideways 8. I could put one of those on each side of the monogram! I really like the idea of the cascading flowers too. I'm going to draw up some ideas. I'll post a pic when I complete it. Thanks!!!
Ok. I just received an order for a birthday cake for a 12 year old. They are allowing me to do whatever I want as long as I include these aspects:   hot pink and lime green 2 tier chevrons her initials the infinity sign flowers and has to be over the top!   Price is no problem.   I can be creative using 2 or 3 of these ideas but am having trouble figuring out how to incorporate all! Any suggestions?
Nancy, I agree with some others about smoothing your buttercream. It must be your recipe. I use half butter,half crisco, powdered sugar, vanilla and a tad bit of water. After smoothing as best as I can, I let it crust over for about 10 minutes then use the Viva paper towel and fondant smoother and it looks very close to fondant!! As for the burlap trim...I do  many cakes and use the burlap you buy in the wedding section of craft stores and Walmart. It doesn't shed. I've...
Not trying to be ugly here but if you have a business with 3 outlets, you should already know the answers to your questions. 
Thanks you guys. mgreen44, I think they are at least 4" tall, maybe more. leah_s, I had thought about those sizes too and it'll get me close. I think I'm going to go with the 6, 9, 12 and 15 and go at least 4 ' tall. This will give me the look, height and servings. Thanks!
Hi all, I need to serve 200 with this cake. Ideas on sizes I should use? It looks like a 6, 8, 10 and 12. This won't give me enough. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/195343702561607013/
Great idea ladyhawke917. I hadn't thought of either of your ideas, lights or gelatin shapes. Maybe that's something I can experiment with when I have more time. I ended up doing a splatterpaint on white 2 tier using those neon colors. She loved it.
OK guys, A client sent me this pic as inspiration for a cake for her daughter. It's a neon paper lantern. Any ideas of how to get this effect onto the cake?  
what in the world could she have posted that got her run off and you so afraid?