Posts by Nin55

You took the higher road and avoided embarassing yourself and granny.
Most people don't know the difference.  I have made box cakes that were better than some scratch cakes I tried.  I go both ways-depends how much time I want to invest.  I bake just for family.
I agree!  I only bake for family and a few friends.
I've always realized that people in general don't know what is involved in making and decorating a cake.  Your costs are not out of line.  I am a hobby decorator and only decorate for family.
You made the right choice.  Family comes first.  You can still makes if you wish for family celebrations.  After the kids are older, you can still get back into it.  Maybe not as a business but as a hobby.  Cake decorating is very time consuming.  Only other decorators can appreciate that.
Best of luck to you and your challenge. I do agree with another response that customers do not fully appreciate all the time, effort, and money involved in decorating cakes, especially in your situation.
I have never experienced that problem.  Do you think the cake might have slid into something while in his possession and wanted to blame it on you?
Well, I certainly am impressed!!!
Never heard the one about wrapping warm cakes in plastic.  It doesn't get condensaton and make the cake wet?
Never heard the one about wrapping warm cakes in plastic.  It doesn't get condensaton and make the cake wet?