Posts by Honeybees

Its actually the Tangled character she wants. Ive told her I'm not doing it, I'm not comfortable with it yes I've done it in the past but I DID NOT KNOW about copyright laws back then and I refuse to do it now I do know. Ive posted on my page also that I wont be doing it in the future. I think my offer to buy a character was a reasonable offer and any normal person would accept that. I highly doubt her 1 year old daughter has her heart set on eating an edible tangled...
Hey, I am having an issue with a lady over a Rapunzel cake.She wants me to sculpt the characters out of fondant. After reading about copyright (thanks everyone for all the info on that) on here a lot lately I have told her I do not want to do it and offered to get a plastic topper and even make the dress on the topper out of fondant. She is AMENDMENT she wants me to sculpt the character. She has seen a character I have done before and is using that in her favor. What I...
sillywabbitz thanks so much!
Prettycupcake I have the same problem, I airbrush in my kitchen with my stove fan on to try and get the mist of color to go up the fan rather than around the kitchen but never works. I find that after Ive airbrushed im walking in food color and getting it everywhere! I swear I'm still finding color days later from areas not even in the kitchen. Ive heard of people setting up airbrush booths, I'd like to give that a try. Ive tried the shower curtain trick and that honestly...
When I made a 3D dog cake I used 1 9" round cake and put an 8" on top of it. For the head I used 2x6"rounds. I carved them into the basic dog shape then made legs a tail and the nose from RKT. To put the fur on it i piped buttercream stars and dragged a toothpick across the cake to make it look more realistic. Added black eyes a nose and collar and was done. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Call me crazy but I'd be in my element making all those balls. I like to sit back for hours on end doing mindless work. helps clear the mind. I have bags of pre made balls simply for that reason! I love that cake!!
I had a "kind of" party when I first started baking for the same reason. What I did was set up a table with samples on there (just 3 flavors and 2 frostings) I had a decorated cake on display and then I had a few undecorated cakes so people could request a cake and see how I decorate them then buy them (just quick simple cakes). Discounted of course. It went really well BUT I did have an issue with parents not controlling their children and the kids just ran riot, ate lots...
Wow good idea with the glue dot, I would never have thought of that
Great Thank you so much! I will give that a try.
I have some of those too but I use mine for dusting my surfaces with powdered sugar. I have a lot of toddler toys/snacks on my work bench too to distract my 14 month old son. He has figured out now if I'm at that table working then there is something yummy and sweet that he MUST HAVE!