Posts by Shelly42

UPDATE: Well the cake turned out pretty good with the whipped frosting ....she loved it and ordered a couple diff others for fathers day and another Bday...I ended up using a grass tip to apply the frosting instead of star tip...Thanks all
Thanks all, I really don't think the 2 are even close...I mean at least buttercream crusts...I haven't ever worked with bettercreme before....The cake is for a 4 yr old ...I just dont see how to smooth the bettercreme without messing all the colors up...
She wants whipped icing and I can't get it to come out right so I bought the whipped bettercreme...I could use choc. as one color but not sure about the green..do you think star tippping it is the best when applying it to cake?
How do I get Camo colors from Rich's Bettercreme whipped icing? and how do I make it look decent on a cake? Thank you in advance...the cake is due Thursday ugh
Do I need to add supports to a 10x3 topped with a 6x3? Here's a pic of a cake likeĀ I'm going to do..thank you
Not so sure I like this new format...
I know exactly what you mean about last minute orders and people expecting a cake for almost nothing...I had no idea how much time is involved in doing cakes until I started over a year ago...I totally agree with those saying to NOT do it if she calls back...been there and done that! I have a problem also with people wanting a quote then totally changing the design afterwards and still expecting the price to stay the same....