Posts by allcupcakedout

Thank you all for the help!!! I'm looking forward to doing this cake tonight *sarcasm*
I've seen the "how to" with this technique before but I can't remember what it is! Does someone have a tutorial? Looks like a simple flower cutter but I'm not sure.   And what would you charge someone to do this on an 8" cake? It's basically 2 layers of fondant.  
I've done quite a few cakes. Most of them fondant covered. I guess you can say I'm still a beginner because I've only been doing this for about 3 years. She is a friend and knows I haven't done a wedding cake before. All she wants is something simple... white fondant covered cake with different sizes of silver dragees along the bottom of each tier. I would not have accepted it if I wasn't comfortable doing it. I have turned down quite a few in the past because I wasn't...
I have my first wedding cake tasting on Sunday. Any suggestions on how to do it? And what about flavors to bring? I have struggled to find good recipes that would hold up under fondant. What recipes/flavors do you use for wedding cakes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you thank you! I'm about to give it a go with your advice!
I was asked to do a cake like the one below. This is my first 3D cake. I'm asking for any tips to help me. I guess the body and head will be made from cake. What size cakes? What else do I need to know before getting started? Thank you!!!  
Thank you!! Pam, Can I ask you if the recipe below is what you use? I'm just trying to understand. And this is that recipe in half. 1 box Duncan Hines Strawberry 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup granulated sugar 3/4 teaspoons salt 1/2 (and maybe 1/3) cup water 1/2 cup strawberry puree 1/8 cup vegetable oil 1 teaspoons real vanilla 1 teaspoon strawberry extract or 1 bottle Lorann strawberry flavoring 1 cup sour cream 2 eggs   Does this sound right?  
I have tried so many strawberry cake recipes and haven't found one I love. I'm looking for one for just a dozen cupcakes so I'd love one I can cut in half. I have a terrific strawberry frosting recipe and need a cake recipe to go along with it! Can someone help?! Thank you!
What recipe do you use when making a smash cake? I'm looking for something light but preferably not using a cake mix.