Posts by KylaQ

Just a few questions someone might help me with- My daughter's 1st birthday is this weekend, I am making everything and were doing cupcakes. -So far I have 54 people for sure will be there 16 that are maybes. How many cupcakes would you make? I was thinking 96. (I have a 24 ct cupcake tin) Our family are big eaters! We had a party a few months back, I did 48 cupcakes and they were all gone and we didn't have but about 30 people there. -I want everything done by Saturday...
Oh and it's cute to make the belly button POP as well
What I did was after the cake was iced the final time, I put it in the fridge to just kinda harden the icing. I made the foot by hand out of fondant, the toes just rolled up fondant pieces. Once the icing had a slight crust on it I put the foot on it and covered it with fondant. If this is your 1st belly cake, be careful, dont make the boobs too big LOL I did with my 1st
I did, and it tasted FANTASTIC even at 1 yr! Mmmm strawberry, just thinking about it makes me hungry I wrapped and wrapped it in saran wrap, like a few good layers. The did a few layers of tin foil, and then another layer of saran wrap. Mine was covered in fondant and I left that one there. But there are alot of places that offer to make one fresh for the 1 yr for the couple. But thinking from the bride POV what happens if that baker isn't in business anymore? Or they...
I am still very new to decorating cakes, but my question is this. After a cake sits on a white cake board, say overnight, the next day it looks like the cake leaked out the side. I need to use the white board, and it needs to be a little bit bigger than the cake. It's for a smash cake. How do I avoid this happening?
$400 for the the cakes, plus the smaller cakes to go around, plus you taking it and setting it up to me is a FANTASTIC price!! Let her walk away and then crawl back...
I will not freeze a cupcake with icing on it. Just me though, I hate it! My cupcakes taste wonderful once thawed, but so did my wedding cake after a year in the freezer. It's really how you wrap it up. For cupcakes, especially ones that will be used for something. Not the extra ones that you have after making a cake. I use a gallon bag, and slid them in it on the counter so they are all flat, and not smashed against each other and put them in my freezer. When it's time to...
double post
the butter cream recipe I'm using now tastes great, but I was told since it has milk in it, it needs to be refrigerated. And it's never really crusted for me either. So that's why I've been putting it in the fridge. What I've been using is 2 sticks butter4 cups conf sugar1/4 cup milkvanilla extract Is there anything else that might work well? i'm in NC and it's pretty hot here right now.
I haven't tried using all gum paste. I was actually being lazy and just bought premade/ precolored fondant in what I needed.I used icing to attach the buttons. And I will try lining the pan with something, never needed to before so never even thought about that. thanks