Posts by Graceesmom

Thank you so much for the quick reply!  I haven't stenciled before, but I'm up for giving it a try.  Do you think buttercream or royal icing is the better choice or something else?
My niece wants flowers like on the cake linked below for her birthday.  Can anyone help me with how to make this flower? Is there a silicone mat with this or is it an electronic cut or perhaps a chocolate transfer?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1691920/a/1692919/hibiscus-bamboo/
I added more marshmellows and it did bring it back to life. I don't think I will use that recipe again. I had such high hopes for it b/c it was so much easier to mix and the clean up was a breeze afterwards. However, the nightmare texture of that fondant was not worth it.
I added extra marshmellow to it and it came back to life. Lesson learned on that particular recipe. It was the Easy fondant in 12 minutes. It was very promising regarding ease to mix in the Kitchen Aid with minimal mess afterward, but applying it was a nightmare. Crisco will only be for coating the bowl and dough hook from now on.
I tried a new recipe for MMF which includes putting shortening IN the recipe, instead of coating the bowl, hook, etc. The method worked great for making it, but it seems to just fall apart when I put it on the cake. I was able to pull it off the buttercream and re-smooth the buttercream, but is there any way to fix this fondant? Add more melted marshmellows, powdered sugar, corn syrup, glyercin -- anything? What might help hold this fondant together and give it some...
I tried a new recipe for MMF which includes putting shortening IN the recipe, instead of coating the bowl, hook, etc.The method worked great for making it, but it seems to just fall apart when I put it on the cake. I was able to pull it off the buttercream and re-smooth the buttercream, but is there any way to fix this fondant? Add more melted marshmellows, powdered sugar, corn syrup, glyercin -- anything? What might help hold this fondant together and give it some...