Posts by RebecaR

So this is my first time working with a dummy cake, putting on the fondant was super easy. But now I would like to remove the old hard fondant so that I may reuse the dummy cake. I tried peeling it off but it's really difficult and it's hard as a rock. When I covered my dummy cake in fondant, I just misted it with water. Should I have done something else to prevent the fondant from getting stuck to the Styrofoam? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 
It looks like a Peony flower to me.
I really enjoy this recipe, the reviews on it are amazing as well. It's worth a shot.  Happy caking!    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Layer-Cake-101275
Has anyone added melted chocolate and/or cocoa powder to the whipped cream buttercream recipe? I'm referring to the recipe that combines meringue as well as powdered sugar/crisco mixture. If so, what was your ratio of chocolate to buttercream? Thanks so much, Rebeca  
Wow, this is AMAZING!!! I've been using my serrated knife but with this nifty gadget, I can make sure my cake levels come out perfectly straight. Thanks so much for posting this!  
Hello everybody, I recently got approved/registered for a class A cottage food operation. I live in California so I cannot make/use cake fillings that need to be refrigerated. So no cream cheese, custards, mousses or ganache fillings.  I saw a recipe for a "mock" mousse that called for Pastry Pride and instant pudding. What's Pastry Pride and does it need to be refrigerated? Also would the texture of the "mock" mousse be similar to that of a real mousse made with meringue...
Thank you so much IAmPamCakes and ddaigle. I greatly appreciate the both of you helping me out.  
Hello everybody, I was wondering if someone has a chart or a draw up of how many servings a 9 in. round cake would serve? I have seen other charts that have 6 in, 8 in. and 10 in. round cake guides. But I haven't seen one for a 9 in. cake. If someone has one, I would greatly appreciate it if I could see what it looks like. Thanks everybody. 
In order to get a large mound of buttercream on my cupcakes, I always use a large round piping tip. I really like Ateco's piping tips.  
Hello MustangMollie, your fondant cakes are beautiful. But when I have problems with my fondant cracking, I knead in some shortening to soften it up. I don't have problems with my fondant tearing, so I can't help you out with that.