Posts by DDiva

Ireyna, we are working frantically to get the new location up and running...hopefully before the end of June. The new address is 230 North Spring Street in Greensboro. I will be downtown near the corner of Bellemeade and Spring, one block from the ball park. We are also planning a grand opening celebration, right now scheduled for July 10. I'll post more info on that later. Even with all the insanity I try to hold on to the positives that have occurred. We're making...
Just wanted to post an update. First, thanks to all of you who continue to pray, think the good thoughts, and send notes, cards and gifts and supplies!! You are the BEST!! Progress is being made, and I actually see it. We really have done a lot in a short time. It's exhausting though, trying to do a lot with a little, but it really is coming together.However, there is always something. I heard from the building owner for the first time this past week. Seven weeks...
Thanks ladies!! My husband that as I signed the lease today he saw the first geniune smile that he'd seen on my face in weeks. There is so much to do, but I'm really looking forward to the work. Sitting around for almost a month has been unbearable. Too much time to think; too much time to feel sorry for myself. So I know I'll be exhausted, but I can't wait to get started.
I am so happy to announce that I signed the lease for my new business location!! For the first time in weeks I actually feel good. The insurance process continues. It is long and involved with a total loss, but hopefully we are nearing the end. There is an unbelievable amount of work ahead, but at least the process has begun. My spirit has been renewed by the kind, thoughtful gestures of so many of you. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support. Teresa
Hi Debbie-Yes, I am one of your customers. In fact, I had ordered in early March. You might remember that we having issues with the cold weather making the sheets brittle. Thank you so much for your kind words. I still have rough moments, but each day is easier. I'm a pretty positive person and it sure is helping now. I am seeing this as an opportunity to create the shop that I've wanted and also an opportunity to streamline. I know in my heart that God has not...
Thanks so much for understanding Loucinda. All of you!I am Teresa Dames Crawford.
I've always bought as much as possible (of anything) on sale. A lot of small items have come from TJ Maxx, Target, WalMart. I'm blessed to have several restaurant supply houses in my area. I'll use them to replace the larger items. I've already contacted CK South to let them know what has happened. They promised to help in any way that they can.I will use this time to streamline. So much of what we own happens with progression. I lost 4 stand mixers. I had them...
I so appreciate you guys!! You are the BEST!!Met with the final insurance claims guy Thursday morning. He has classified it a total loss. There were things we could have salvaged early in the week, but because the owner did nothing to remove any of the tree debris we couldn't retrieve them. So, it's a total loss. The claims adjuster was seriously nervous when we were in the building. So was I.The loss is at $100,000. Insurance will not cover all of that. Twelve...
As I had my business destroyed by a tornado on Sunday night, believe me I feel your pain. My prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time. Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!Teresa
You guys are so great!! Thanks so much. If we get in a new location and at least get the kitchen up and running I'll be okay. I've refunded orders that were prepaid for April. My wedding cake orders are at the end of May. I'm praying to have a space before then. Went to look at a great space in Greensboro today. My realtor is doing the negotiating for me because my head is fried. I cry every time I have to go back to the property. It really is heartbreaking. Not...