Posts by DDiva

That's it!! I knew Craft was in the name, but didn't want to lead her in the wrong direction. Husband and I had to take a break from the craziness that has been our live for the past three months. We'd stayed at Massanutten a few years ago and liked the area. This was truly a R&R trip, but we did go Luray on Fourth of July!!
I was just there two weeks ago. There's only one and it's mainly a craft store, but they have a good selection of items other than Wilton. I can't remember the name, but it's outside Harrisonburg near the Massanutten Resort. If you put 'cake decorating supplies in Harrisonburg Va' in your search engine, it'll come up. Have fun!!
You guys are the BEST!!Doug was kind enough to alert me tothe fact that I failed to include an address!! I guess that's a clear indictor of the state of my mind lately (smile)!!The address is:230 North Spring StreetGreensboro NC 27401The website will be updated on Monday with the new info.Thanks again!!Teresa
I am so happy to announce that on Saturday, July 10 Crawford's Creations will reopen for business!! We are having a grand reopening celebration from 10AM-2PM. There'll food, door prizes and the NC Chapter of ICES will conduct a membership drive!! All purchases (dessert orders, class fees, and retail store) made that day will receive a 10% discount.Thanks to all of you who have prayed and sent good karma our way. It has been a gruelling three months-emotionally and...
Unless their policy has changed, Sysco will not deliver in a residential neighborhood. It has to do with the size of the semi trucks that they use. You may be able to have your order delivered to a local business (say, a restaurant) that uses them. However, I use IFH (Institution Food House) and although they too will not deliver in a residential neighborhood, their sales reps are nice enough to personally deliver smaller orders. Now I don't know if that applies to...
That's great!! This is truly a talent that should be enjoyed. When it becomes 'work' it's time to step back and rethink things. Glad you found your joy again.
I'm not a hobbyist; never have been. However, having my business completely destroyed 3 months ago gave me an opportunity to reaffirm how I wanted to conduct it. I started from home, went to commercial buildings, and now have returned to my roots. We found a great location in a commercial/residential part of downtown (in a 100 year old Victorian house). It has been completely updated and includes a second floor that was converted to an apartment. This configuration is...
I LOVE Amoretti!! Wouldn't think of using anything else. They're expensive, but worth every penny. Just give them a call and ask for Arda. She's great and will send out samples for you. Also, if you attend IBIE this Fall in Las Vegas they are usually a vendor. You can sign up for samples at the show.
I, too, have the person who picks up the cake sign a waiver releasing me from responsibility should damage occur after the cake leaves my possession. Delivery is always offered, and I agree, I try to make sure that the cake is secure for travelling as possible. Beyond that, I feel no responsibility. Last summer during a 95 degree day, the husband of a customer picked up a baby bootie covered in buttercream lace. Delivery was offered, which I would done using a cooler...
I also charge for wedding cake tastings (100 servings or more) and apply the fee to the fee if they book.After twelve years in business I have received hundreds of requests for donations. I came up with this mantra: I donate to customers that support my business. It has made donation seekers realize that in order for me to give, someone has to buy.