Posts by DDiva

I meant 14+ hour days........
Those hugs make the 14+ days worth it!!
Trying Cake is definitely spot on!! I'm 13 years into this business and my business increased during the recession. Many of you know that my business was completely destroyed by a tornado earlier this year. We reopened in July in a new city and the response has been wonderful! It is about marketing, location, and who you are. I have always known that "I" sell my business. I am a very down to earth, call like I see it type of person. Like 'Trying Cake' I recently...
AMEN!!
I would say to get the one with the largest spray pattern, or the set. Also, just go ahead and mount the largest cup. It's so cool not to have to refill a gazillion times. The brush is perfectly balanced and feels great in your hand.
I would say to get the one with the largest spray pattern, or the set. Also, just go ahead and mount the largest cup. It's so cool not to have to refill a gazillion times. The brush is perfectly balanced and feels great in your hand.
You will LOVE your Grex!! I like the side cup because you don't have a vision block, which you do with the top mounted cup. Also, the cup can be adjusted on angles better on the side.The moisture trap traps moisture that gets in your line (humidity in the air) into a cloth like contraption. This prevents spattering when you're airbrushing. Truly worth its weight in gold!! It's not in the combo kit, but can be purchased separately.When I had to re-buy things for my...
The cake was adorable...and I agree. No refund. I, too, use a waiver that includes safe handling instructions and clearly states that I am not responsible for damage that occurs once the cake leaves my possession.I truly appreciate the posters that insist on delivering certain cakes. I offer delivery to ALL of my customers, regardless of the size of the order, but I have no way to MAKE them do it. I use SPS, heavy corrugated boxes and always hand off (or deliver) cold...
After almost 13 years in business I can tell you that if I had $10 for every donation request I've received, I'd could pay for a really nice cruise next year-lol!!So here's my two cents:1. I donate to the causes that I believe in 2. To consider other requests, the 'asker' has to have patronized my business. I have made it as clear as possible to all requestors that in order for me to donate, someone has to buy. I'm happy to support folks that support me. It has been...
Chef_Stef and CostumeCzar said it all!!Full payment in advance is the only way to go. I only take deposits on orders over $200 (50% non-refundable). Balance is due three weeks before the event date. On any order less than $200, full payment is due at the time the order is placed.I teach a 'cake business' class. I use this analogy a lot....'if you buy a computer from Dell, you pay for it before they build it. Why would you do anything less?You should also have a...