Posts by DDiva

There are several options: food color-diluted with water or vodka or everclear; food color pens; petal or luster dusts liquified with vodka or everclear.
Hi!!I make and use MMF all of the time!! It is no different than any other regular (not white chocolate) fondant and you handle it exactly the same. If it tore, it was probably a little too dry. Make sure that you don't use all of the confectioners sugar when making it. It will definitely be too dry. Fondant should be relatively soft and pliable...not too soft, but pliable and stretchy. If it is too dry, put some shortening on your hands and knead it in until softens...
I have white, poly rolling pins at various lengths..8 in. to 28" (great for rolling out fondant). My prices are great!! Check me out on www.crawfordscreations.com.
Fondant alone can be very suspeptible to the effects of humidity. If you knead in cornstarch, your fondant leaves will dry as hard as gumpaste. How much--hard to say, but as you knead it in you will notice it getting a bit stiffer. I just sprinkle some on my table and knead it in. If it gets too stiff, just knead in a bit of shortening.
MMF is no different than any other fondant. It is too soft to maintain the shape of bow loops, etc. If you knead in cornstarch the fondant will dry just as hard as gumpaste. The suggestion has always been to do a 50-50 mix of fondant and gumpaste; or knead in Tylose (CMC). But trust me, kneading in cornstarch will dry the fondant equally as well, and is much cheaper. How much? That depends on what effect you're going for, and the humidity. I made a cat out of black...
I make MMF all of the time. You will never use all of the confectioners sugar. If you do, it will be dry. My method is to take two cups out of the 2 lb. bag. Melt the mini marshmallows; grease the mixer bowl; dump in the sugar and make a well in the center. I pour in the melted mm and start the mixer. The mixture will be sticky. I then gradually add in about a cup of the saved sugar. The mixture should pull away from the sides and paddle (or hook). It will still...