Posts by mum321

Thanks everyone... I am in Australia, and I figured i would double the recipe (eg. mud cake) and fill the pan 1/2 to 3/4 full as usual, but i just don't want it to burn!!! I guess all i can do is try it out...
I AM VERY NEW TO CAKE MAKING.... So all the cake recipes i have are to make 8 inch cakes... I have a cake that i want to use a 12 inch pan for... Do i just double the recipe, fill as usual and bake it for longer???Do i bake for longer or will it burn?Do I bake at lower temp?I just dont know, so i figure, ask the experts!
And where you you live? You may be lucky enough to have someone on Cakecentral stumble accross your post who lives in your local area that can make you a cake with short notice.....
And where you you live? You may be lucky enough to have someone on Cakecentral stumble accross your post who lives in your local area that can make you a cake with short notice.....
Oh no!!!!! What a nightmare!!!! Very unproffesional if she drops it off and doesn't do any of the stacking herself.... BUT in the case that you have to do it, it is not that hard, so dont worry too much.... If she has done it right, she would have put dowel into the lower cake/s for the top cake/s to sit on... So basically all you would have to do is lift the top cake (that should be on a board!) and place it on top of the bottom cake. But in general, most cake makers then...
My baby's first party is finally here... This weekend I will attempt my first fondant cake! I purchased some Wilton Royal icing, so I wasn't "risking" my own not turning out... But I need it to be really dark brown, to match chocolate fondant. I had attempted to colour my fondant brown, but couldn't get the right shade, so will this happen if I use the colouring in the royal icing too? Can I add cocoa to make it a chocolate colour?
For my son's toy story cake, i will need to make black and red fondant for the decorations. I have been reading that it is not easy to get a dark shade in these colors. How would you suggest i do it? I don't really want to buy ready-colored fondant, as i only need the smallest bit of those colors.Thanks!
I have been doing some homework on Fondant cakes because i will be attempting my first fondant cake in about a month, then my 2nd about 3 week later. I have been on here religiously looking at beautiful cakes, and looking around on google, but i am confused about one thing...Some people say to use butter cream under the fondant, others say use glucose/sugar syrup, and others say to use hot strained apricot jam.WHICH IS BEST??? The fondant i have says on the pack to use a...
I would like to know the best recipes to use for buttercream, as I see some FABULOUSLY iced cakes on here that have used buttercream... When I have used buttercream it ends up in a huge mess.Is it due to the type of buttercream, the "tools" used to spread it, or is it just skill and ability?Any good recipes are greatly appreciated!
Kristycakes... Is that all?? Wow! Ha ha! I assumed it would be a lot more difficult than that! Thank you so much for a quick reply! I can't wait til her birthday rolls around... I wanna get started!