Posts by jenabbott00

Thanks a lot!!!! I will be picking up some glucose to keep on hand. The batch I made today turned out much better. I did add the color to my melted marshmallow instead of kneading it in. I have another fairly big caked for this weekend and I think I will make smaller batches with the different colors rather than all white and adding color after.
I am using the Wilton MMF recipe. I used it not long ago and it was fine and then this last batch was horrible. I'm not sure what the problem is with it. I am going to try a new batch now and see. I'm crossing my fingers.
I am using the Wilton MMF recipe. I used it not long ago and it was fine and then this last batch was horrible. I'm not sure what the problem is with it. I am going to try a new batch now and see. I'm crossing my fingers.
So I am trying to make a baby shower cake and for some reason this batch of fondant is crumbly. I microwaved it for a bit and knead my color into it. Then I roll it and it starts cracking and tearing then I lift it to put it on the cake and it just gets holes everywhere!!! I have no idea what is going on with it. I'm going to scrap it start a new batch and hope it works out. I have peeled it off and tossed it 3 different times.
I seems to be doing better now that it's been sitting for a while. It's not crumbling anymore but it doesn't want to roll into a smooth ball. The creases are rolling out. Price~ How much Tylose do you add to your fondant?I need to figure out how do put a bee costume on it after I get a few made and dried out. I just love this mold. It's gonna make a great baby shower cake.
I need to make a little baby with my first impressions mold. It says to use gum paste. I have never made it before and so I bought the wilton gum paste mix. It just seems to be all crumbly. I kneaded it the best I could and have it wrapped up to rest for the 15 mins. Does anyone have a better recipe or way of making this little baby?
Thanks! I was looking into possibly getting the mini cricut cake but I'm not sure if it would be worth the money. I think I'm gonna try the stencil idea and maybe look into some tappit's. Clix stix? I'm gonna have to google that one.
What is the best way to do fondant letters? I am not very good at freehand and the cookie cutters I found were to big and the letter cutters from the craft store are to little and bland. I am looking for some pretty font letters.Thanks
Please do let us know if you find out the real story. Such a horrible experience!
My mom bought one for me the other day. I can't wait to get it from her to try it out!