Posts by Amberwaves

One of the things I disagree with concerning this CFL is that there are no guidelines as far as food safety other than restricting a few types of frostings and fillings. What good is it to have even those few lame restrictions when there is no way to enforce them? Is the already understaffed health dept going to troll on Facebook day in and day out to find all of these sellers--then what? Taste each cupcake? Without inspecting their kitchen, how will anybody know how the...
Thank you everyone, you have been very helpful.My lease is up for renewal in July, as well as my insurance, so I have a lot of thinking to do at this point. I have a retail storefront that I open 3 days a week to sell baked goods like cupcakes, baked donuts and cookies. It is really convenient for me to bring the decorated cakes with me for people to pick up at the store. The sale of the everyday baked items really pays my bills because the decorated cakes, although...
I am seriously wondering! I have a lot of money and time invested in my legal business and just found out my state's cottage law goes into effect June 25th.There are already people in town with FB pages up and running, taking orders for cakes, cupcakes, etc anticipating the 25th. Of course they are charging considerably less than me, across the board.I am in a small town with a limited number of customers--how do I protect my customer base when these newcomers have such a...
I am seriously wondering! I have a lot of money and time invested in my legal business and just found out my state's cottage law goes into effect June 25th.There are already people in town with FB pages up and running, taking orders for cakes, cupcakes, etc anticipating the 25th. Of course they are charging considerably less than me, across the board.I am in a small town with a limited number of customers--how do I protect my customer base when these newcomers have such a...
Wow, good job on your professionalism! Accidents happen sometimes and you did a remarkable job of remedying the situation. I am so happy for you that they are OK with you making another reception cake instead!
I don't believe there are enough extra people to take the time to go after all the cake copyright infringers that are out there now. Just for fun the other day I Googled Hello Kitty cakes. Wow! ALL those cakes were made for free or given to family members? Riiiiiiiiggght. Even Cake Lava in Hawaii makes EXPENSIVE Hello Kitty cakes, but I suppose it's possible someone of that caliber may have permission from the copyright owner.
When someone contacts me the very first thing I ask is What is your Date? The second thing I ask is What kind of budget are you working with? Those 2 questions all by themselves weed out a lot of potential time wasters. The very next statement from me is that I require 1/2 down with a signed contract to secure their date on my calendar. I have no wiggle room with this one, they either want the date or they don't. I don't chase people down, I don't call looking for their...
Have the same thing here in my area. I asked my HD guy about it and he said he didn't have time to patrol all the sites with people selling stuff out of their house. But he DOES have time to make sure all my fees are paid, that's for sure. To say it's frustrating is an understatement.
I have a customer that has changed her mind 7 times on her cupcake/cake order for her daughter's birthday. I eventually had to put a time limit on her changing the order and finally the day came for picking up the cupcakes. She loved them, but while she was picking them up she completely changed the cake order due in 2 weeks--theme, colors, everything. What gets into people??