Posts by reneewhite1968

Oh, yeah... he he.  1/2 C. Shortening (1/4 C. butter,1/4 C. shortening)   I only had Oil not Crisco whipped.  Is that what did it?
Okay, I need help with my sour cream cookie recipe.   They were hard and flavorless!!! So, I turned the oven from 425 to 400 and reduced the time from 8 min. to 6 min.  The next batch was fluffier and golden, but still blah.    I wanted the kind you get in the bakery department at the grocery store with the frosting on them. What am I doing wrong?   1/2 C. Sour Cream,  1 tsp. Vanilla,  2 1/3 C. Flour, 1/2 tsp. Salt,  1 tsp. Baking Powder,  1/2 tsp. Baking Soda,  1 C....
I can tell how upset you were and still are.  Sorry about that.  But, I must admit...I've only been decorating for a few years and I get stumped sometimes and tend to take ideas from different cakes I see.  And, to be honest, most of my customers already have a cake in mind and they email pictures to me.   90% of the time they want me to copy it!   What do you say?  No because it's someone else's original idea?  Like someone said, by posting them opens the door to this...
Help me out...what is SPS?
I need someone to tell me how to get Hot Pink with the wilton colors.
Hope this helps
Okay, I took a picture of my cardboard guitar. Hope this helps you.
I am making an electric guitar too. I drew one on cardboard from a picture. I plan to lay it on the cake and cut it out. I can try to take a pic of it and send it to you. Maybe then you can print it out like the other reply to this blog suggested.
I have come to the conclusion that I hate fondant!!! No matter if its thick or thin, homemade or Wilton bought, I just can't transfer the fondant from the table to the cake without it tearing!! I've tried powdered sugaring and crisco on the board, but nothing works. I'm so put out about this. I know I have to keep trying if I want to make great cakes. What's the secret? What am I doing wrong?Does anyone have some tips on how to transfer the fondant without tearing?