Posts by bymichaela

Thank you for your suggestion x
How did you acheive the skin design please x
Thank you for your replies . This has been a great help x
Costumeczar, thank you for your scientific reply. This is super helpful but its meant to read The flavoring is optional, not the glycerine. I know I have omitted the glycerine before,, I wonder if that had been a bad batch. I won't do it again and will also take heed regarding the Crisco/trex Thank you again, will try another batch this week and let you know
I have been making the same recipe of fondant since starting to make cakes Jan 2011. Within the last few months it has intermittently not been right. most of the time it has been perfect! I thought it may be the weather but I dont recall thia happening last year at the same time. I am using the same ingredients 7g gelatin powder with 1/4 cup water, heated in microwave, add 26g (2 tbsp) trex, 100g glucose, 5g glycerin optional 5g flavouring 2lb sifted icing...
Ayerim & Dix, thank you for your comments, I'm glad it hasnt only happened to me.I have used a standard buttercream with orange zest and juice in, very yum!I think it needed more icing sugar as I have coated the base cake with the thicker version this morning and all is well so far (10 hours later, we'll see). I will definately be more careful in future.It is all to be eaten on Thursday, kids will be upset at not being able to have the Landy itself but i'll explain about...
no offence taken. It only leaks less than 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) its not lots but enough to concern me about the look of the finished product
It is in a cake box (cardboard) in my dining room where I store all my partially/decorated cakes, its not cold nor too warm. I am using the bottom half of the cake for the base but havent filled that yet, its out of the freezer tomorrow and I have already added more icing sugar to the buttercream thinking that may be the problem.Thank you for wanting to help
Hi everyone, this is my first 'help me!' so please doI have made a 9" square Carrot cake which I have just cut in half (the depth) and it is going to be a Land Rover sat on a garage floor.I have cut and layered it with buttercream and shaped it, covered mostly with fondant to then do the details. It is currently sat on a board which it will be moved off of onto the main cake when done but It is leaking. only from one side near one edge.Have I done the buttercream too...