Posts by KraftyKimsCakes

Do you need grey or silver? When I did a castle, I used silver lusterdust cut heavy with clear vanilla and it ended up grey, but did have a metallic finish. (go to my profile & look at the princess castle to see the color). You might have to get some spray color.
Just made an Air Force flight cap and ended up having to paint the fondant w/Americolor Navy because I couldn't find a Navy blue fondant anywhere! Color was almost right, but of course ended up streaked in some areas and was shiny when I needed it matte finish. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to purchase navy blue fondant or how to make the painting non streaky & matte finish? Also, on a side note I just ordered Chicago Metallic Multi Tier Cake Pan 4 Cavity, any...
If you use vanilla it will melt the marshmellow-tried it on my daughter's cake, as will any other liquid. Marshmellows are basically sugar so if they get wet enough, they're going to melt. Best best would be an airbrush or can of edible spray-be careful because if you get too close it will melt the marshmellow then too. I've had good luck with that. Otherwise, I would apply the black gel on directly, but be prepared for it to take on a green tint especially if it's in the...
I made this one the other day... http://cakecentral.com//gallery/2018765We made the car out of rice krispie treats-first time every using them. Once the form was made, we rolled fondant and covered the entire car. Then we cut out the tires, hand cut the decorations, and piped the hubcaps and and colored the eyes. We actually bought a model car at Target to look at the detail in 3-d while we were doing it. It was a last minute cake from an aquaintance of my DH-we didn't...