Posts by MELROSE315

I made the head and tail from fondant.. Let me know if this is what you were looking for
These are all wonderful! Thank you... You are very creative!
Whipped ganache .. Super easy and most people are happy with chocolate
Hello all. I have made 2 cakes for my best friends 40th birthday. The party is in a lounge type atmosphere and I have loosely themed the party with neat chalkboard decorations... Ok to the cake part... I have these adorable little chalkboard easels that I wanted to place next to each cake with a entertaining name for each cake. The first one is a very chocolate ganache cake ... And the other is a butter yellow with vanilla buttercream. I don't want to "steal" anyone's...
Hello. I am wanting to make fake cotton candy look like the trees ... I am making a lorax cake for my son. I know that real cotton candy just won't hold up all day. Anyone out there tried something like this?
I would use a heating core instead of a nail...spray the core really well with cooking spray inside and out then just pop out and place back in the cake. Might have to Trim to fit . I use this with all my square cakes. I have had the same problem without the core. Hope this helps
woos that's cool.. If I had to guess I bet it was airbrushed with blue pearlized americolor. And bits of royal icing
Hello all. I use the "tube" non dairy Bavarian cream... ( no room for refrigeration) and was wondering if the extra non dairy cream could be frozen ? Any changes in consistency? Thanks to all who have come before me.. It's great to learn and not re invent the wheel!
Really? Hi ratio? Great value? Or ....I have not used any hi ratio shortening before I have read how expensive and hard to get it is...details please
Hello. So we all try so hard to get our cakes to come out of the oven nice and level and baked evenly. Right? Well I have a hamburger and fries cake I would like to do. I have read lots of posts about making you cake bake level and flat.. But how do I bake a 8" round cake and get the dome to rise evenly? So it looks like. Hamburger bun. I am not planning on covering it in BC so I want it to look as much like a bun as possible. My thought would be to cook at 375? Maybe to...