Posts by ame120103

Thanks so much guys for all your awesome ideas, she loved the pig idea so much that she nixed the poker part and we just went with that and a strip of crime tape. I just posted the pics. I'm still very much a newbie but think it turned out well. Thanks again!!
Thanks so much guys for all your awesome ideas, she loved the pig idea so much that she nixed the poker part and we just went with that and a strip of crime tape. I just posted the pics. I'm still very much a newbie but think it turned out well. Thanks again!!
Anyone have any ideas on this???
A friend of mine wants a homecoming cake to surprise her husband for R&R, their favorite movie is "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" so she wanted the cake to have something to do with that movie or at least Hawaii. It has to be "manly" though so she was thinking to maybe add poker into it cause he loves to play that. I am sooooo clueless on what to do for this and I have to make it next week. I would LOVE if anyone could help me with some ideas on this one because I am stumped....
I'm just starting out and am really uncomfortable with pricing also especially since most of my cakes are for friends but I saw that 6 and 10 for $100 and was shocked too. I have not done any wedding cakes but the 3 tier party cakes I've done I have done for $65-$70 and they are 6,8 & 10. I don't have kitchen rentals or anything so my cost do stay low. I take a few extra hours since I'm still learning and wouldn't dream of charging for those few lol.
I used just a 6in cardboard cake board that was cut slightly smaller than the top layer and just fit it into the hole on top of a few dowels. Since it sits flat it's not much different than a normal stacked cake the angles are just there.
I used baker's chocolate since that's what the recipe called for. I did try and seperate it in half then add more melted marshmallows with corn syrup but I never got it back together. I had some plain BCMMF and added some of the melted chocolate mixture to that and eventually got it to incooporate together but it took forever, was a pain and hardly had any chocolate flavor.
I just made my first topsy turvy a few weeks ago and used the hole in the middle and it was super easy. I am a newbie and I just made a 8 and 6 for fun using the WASC. Used 3 layers on each tier. Next time I want my angles to be more extreme but I thought it was a great first shot. Pics are on my profile page.
Help, anyone have any ideas or tips
Thanks everyone! Dr_Hfuhruhurr I will definately be trying yours out maybe tonight, thanks for it.