Posts by MaurorLess67

Hey Sweet-Thanks for posting this information!! This just reconfirms ALL my feelings about Duff's products-- they do not work for me!!! 1) The fondant- omg- I was trying to cover a cake in the red fondant (I had to buy at a hobby store last minute) and I was in tears- 2) I did purchase the silver and gold spray- thinking it would save me time- to me it looked as if it didn't work- but... I had never compared it to the PME 3) I am trying to use better quality...
Hi Guys-My friend will be celbrating her 50th birthday- I have volunteered to make the cake- I had an idea in mind-- thought it was great- ready to go. She just called and said she would love a Paris/French themed cake, as we are traveling there in the next few weeks-Any suggestions on colors, style theme??? ANYTHING will help-I think that a 2 tier will be plenty- my skills are getting better- but I'm not a pro- Thank you in advance for any ideas you throw my way-Mo
You should have no problem finding Magic Line or Fat Daddios online- Amazon has many venders that sell them- they are not too expensive- I have Prime membership with amazon- cost me 79.00 for the year- and I get so many benefits- one of which is FREE 2day shipping from Amazon vendors!!I just upgraded all my pans to Magic Line and I am SO SO happy!!!!-- I am now starting to upgrade and add wioth the odd sizes of both round and square- then I will work on the oblongs- ovals...
Great original post!! As I'm still in the learning process, I wish I had more- but.. 1) I have found that everything takes so much longer then I think it will!! I have pulled all night shifts and at times have not produced what I wanted because of time-2) Always make sure you have all the ingrediants and supplies etc you will need-3) Don't forget about prepping your cake board- that also takes time4)Patience --- it is a learning process5)You tube is a great resource- but...
This is one of the things I love most about CC and all the members!!!! Everyone is so helpful - it just seems people really go out of their way to help each other. It makes me smile.
THANK YOU for the info!!! Ordering right now! U guys are the best!!!
I am looking for the corregatted boards for under the tiers- I would like to purchase as apposed to making them myself- 10 in /8 in / 6 in square etc I even need/ want the odd sizes if possibleI havebeen cutting my own and they are just not square enough- I always seem to be "off" somehow--- easier forms to buy - if I can find a store -haThanks for the info
Hi guys I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where I can buy square cake boards- the ones used under the tiers- the hobby stores only sell circles and the 11 x 15I thought I had saved the information somewhere- but ... ugh I can not find it anywhere- so aggravating.TIAMo
First-- your flavor combos sound amazing! yum!!--- I just made a baby shower cake for today, I used a 10 in square and an 8 inch round- plain flavors compared to what you will be doing (ha)- there were 80 people at the shower and we def had enough- I made I think it was 18 cupcakes the morning of because I was afraid there would not be enough- but the cupcakes went home with the mom-to-be.And I think the other poster (sorry- I didn't write your usernames dowm-ugh)- is...
???? Thanks God????--- Sorry about that- I don't know why that is in my closing- I only wanted to write - Thanks- Mo