Posts by MaurorLess67

Happy Friday-Well, I'm working on TWO cakes for tomorrow--- one is almost done and the other- let's just say I have ALOT of work to do-- oooh yeah I think I mentioned i was going to bring cupcakes with me -- ugh!!! It is for y sisters holiday bbq/pool/birthday celebration- seems I always waitto the last minute for family, they get short changed for sure.So, the one I'm almost done with- baked, torted, fille, stacked, ganached- (whew)- is a 6 inch square- purple fondant-...
Thank you all for responding!-- I am not at all disappointed that I don't have to become MacGuyver on this one! I would never have thought of any of these ideas--- haI will give these ideas a shot-Yes, great sharing on CC!!!Mo
Hi All-I LOVE The Mat- but... I am having so many issues with the wrinkles and creases in it when I take it out of the tube-- I have tried rolling it in different directions etc- Any suggestions on how to deal with these wrinkles and creases?How is everyone else storing theirs- I have bought so many portfolios etc- hoping it would fint- no luck--- I'm thinking of trying to MacGuyver something and hang it up using clips-ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated-MO
Pearl-This was a response in one of my posts- (shoot I didn't write down the name of the caker--ugh sorry-) but it is under the original post asking if Wed is too soon- (hope taht helps if you have questions for the person who gave this info)-- I would go back and look for the name- but the pages take soooo long to load-I am desperately looking for a good mud cake recipe as wellhttp://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/chocolate-mud-cake-recipe.html This is the one I use....
So glad I joined MY Cake School!!! It has been almost a year now-- I have learned so much- and I use some so many techniques-very clever ideas- beautiful work- Melissa and Bebe are great! They answer questions quickly- all of the "students" are so nice and helpful!!The best 30.00 I have spent so far.I am anxiously awaiting Sharon's site!!!
Yes, depending on the humidty, weather, etc- I have had to add more liquid at times-- key thing is- make sure you use the hi-ratio shortening, the creamer is HOT- and that you scrape down sides- I beat the butter and shortening to cream it well before adding all the other ingredients- don't be afraid to try again- it is SO worth it once you get it down pat! When you add the extra liquid do so sparingly- a VERY lttle at a time- at that point in the process- a little goes...
Thanks for the advice- I will defrost, fill and wrap tonight- ganache and start decorating tomorrow night- It takes me FOREVER to finish any cake I do- (ugh!!)-- I will be trying some new techniques I learned from Marinia Sousa's Fondant course through Craftsy-- which was fabulous by the way!!!!-- I bought it on sale for 20.00!!! Worth every penny!!!-- I missed the sale for all the other classes- anxiously awaiting the next one- as well as Sharon's-- I missed her sale...
Hi Guys-Thought I would ask the experts- I have frozen layers in freezer- since I'm home today and enjoying the Anerican Revolution series on the History channel- I was thinking it would be a good time to pull the cakes out- defrost and cover in ganache for a party on Saturday--- do you think it is too early in the week for that?Thanks for any info-Mo
I thought exactly the same thing when I watched that episode!!!!
Hi Guys-So I just PM- Fortheloveofcakes- to ask permission to try to replicate her Paris cake for a friend's 50th Bday (we are going to Paris ))- If it is ok with her- I would like to give it a try-Forthelove hand sculpted the house fronts by hand- amazing!!!-- I certainly would struggle with that- I was hoping that anyone would be able to help me locate various molds for house fronts that I could try- I don't want to spend a fortune- Any help will be so greatly...