Posts by MaurorLess67

I took the Advanced Fondant with Marina Sousa- and I was THRILLED!!! I would have paid double for it!!! I thought Marina's teaching style was well executed- I'm a teacher, and it's a lot harder than many think.I was very appreciative that little hic-cups occured- Marina was able to demonstarte how to rectify them- and even when everything went perfectly she would point out how things could go wrong with solutions and suggestions.I really learned so much, enjoyed the...
Well, compared to some of the houses here- it is med- to largeish I guess- 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, den, living room, dining room , office, playroom, kitchen- so I guess largeish-. I do live in a very nice area out on Eastern Long Island, across the street from the bay- I have a creek that runs through my backyard- my town is precious, we actually have a Main Street with all Mom and Pop stores etc- Home values are CRAZY here- and they went down- so $480,000- down about...
Two - bedroom apartment for $575???? Wow-- you can't even walk in the door to look at a studio for $575.00 in NY-- and I'm not even exaggerating. On Long Island we pay the highest property taxes and utilities in the country.To put it into perspective, my property taxes, for a medium size home approx 12 rooms, are $11,000.00 a year!--ugh-- and your looking at approx 500- 600 a month for utilities.. So if you were ever wondering why New Yorkers are cranky- that is one of...
There are a number of GREAT videos on YouTube that other cakers have generously shared- and they include their recipes- Sugarshack (Sharon Zambito from SugarEd Productions)- and Edna D.- ToneEdna- from Design Me a Cake. These are two excellent videos.I think if you made ANYTHING this weekend- it would have been a big fail- ha!! This heat and humidity was a disaster- for me anyway. Once I sign off here I have to post my stuff in the Cake Disaster section- my buttercream...
Congrats Ro--I just made a batch and it seems grainy to me- ugh!!!!-- I don;t think I have ever really mastered it though- so.... this is probably par for the course- haI better check my mixer- I always thought that I had a 5qt- maybe its a 4.5---hmm-Thanks for posting-Mo
Happy Friday-Well, I'm working on TWO cakes for tomorrow--- one is almost done and the other- let's just say I have ALOT of work to do-- oooh yeah I think I mentioned i was going to bring cupcakes with me -- ugh!!! It is for y sisters holiday bbq/pool/birthday celebration- seems I always waitto the last minute for family, they get short changed for sure.So, the one I'm almost done with- baked, torted, fille, stacked, ganached- (whew)- is a 6 inch square- purple fondant-...
Thank you all for responding!-- I am not at all disappointed that I don't have to become MacGuyver on this one! I would never have thought of any of these ideas--- haI will give these ideas a shot-Yes, great sharing on CC!!!Mo
Hi All-I LOVE The Mat- but... I am having so many issues with the wrinkles and creases in it when I take it out of the tube-- I have tried rolling it in different directions etc- Any suggestions on how to deal with these wrinkles and creases?How is everyone else storing theirs- I have bought so many portfolios etc- hoping it would fint- no luck--- I'm thinking of trying to MacGuyver something and hang it up using clips-ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated-MO
Pearl-This was a response in one of my posts- (shoot I didn't write down the name of the caker--ugh sorry-) but it is under the original post asking if Wed is too soon- (hope taht helps if you have questions for the person who gave this info)-- I would go back and look for the name- but the pages take soooo long to load-I am desperately looking for a good mud cake recipe as wellhttp://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/chocolate-mud-cake-recipe.html This is the one I use....
So glad I joined MY Cake School!!! It has been almost a year now-- I have learned so much- and I use some so many techniques-very clever ideas- beautiful work- Melissa and Bebe are great! They answer questions quickly- all of the "students" are so nice and helpful!!The best 30.00 I have spent so far.I am anxiously awaiting Sharon's site!!!